Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Is It Pay Day Yet???

'Cause I'm in overdraft. Much like how I am in overdraft with my friends...they have been wonderful to me this week.

Last Wednesday night I was invited to share a meal with Scott and Mike and splendid it was. They are wonderful hosts and it was SO GOOD to get caught up. And I love their hot tub!

Friday Evelyne invited me to spend Friday evening (my least favourite night of the week, now) with her and her family. A dip in the pool, then taco night then a trip to Frenchy's for just me and Evelyne. We spent a lot of time in the T-shirt bins. So there was this one that we found that had a huge strip of Velcro on it with removable letters that spelled BAD GIRL. Evelyne, quick as a wink, came out with "you could rearrange the letters to spell BIG LARD." So I did. And we were laughing so hard I thought we were going to have a Depends moment. We left it on top of the pile of t-shirts.

Saturday dawned dark and dreary but I was excited because I was going to pack up the hound and go to Milford House to see Jane et al. First, we headed to Graff Brothers to pick up the stove. Keith was dressed up. He had no bandanna so his hair was very Muppet like and he wore a Hawaiian shirt and khakis (which had a huge hole in the crotch-than god he wasn't going commando because I would have had an eyeful when we were loading the stove on the truck). Graff Brothers is like Frenchy's for boys (thanks for the description, Steph!). Or those who find enjoyment in discovery like I did when I found a wooden box filled with old pictures with a sign that said "Adopt a Relative- 25 cents each". I adopted three. And I am going to buy the whole family when I go by next time. Guess what I am going to do with them.

Macy and I finally pulled into Milford House around lunch time. I could feel myself relax as we drove to Hollow cabin. I had forgotten how much I liked it there. We spent a wonderful afternoon with Jane, Paul, Isabelle, Maggie, Jane's parents Elizabeth and Peter and her sister Stephanie. Cocktails on the porch, cuddle sessions with the Girl, a walk on Pompey trail and a paddle to the dining hall for dinner. Yes, paddle. It all came back to me very quickly even tho I have not been in a canoe for ages. And I loved it.

Sunday morning was putter time around the house and a nap. The Tim called and we went to the Charles MacDonald cement house (you know, the house on the way to Centreville that you have passed a million times and never go in?) to see a photography exhibit by our friend Marke Slipp. After that we headed to Huntington Beach to see the fairy/hobbit cottages and took a nice long walk along the shore. This was followed by a long chat session on the patio at the Port over nachos and beer. Glorious.

I went home sick from work at noon yesterday (sore throat on the weekend, chills and headache yesterday morning, yadayadayada) to sleep. After a two hour nap, the dog and I went for a walk and then we came home and created. Then, my friend Stephanie called and we met for coffee. She is going through some stuff and it was good to be able to listen and chat with her.

I felt like I had paid back, with interest, some of my Friend Account.

2 comments:

Just Plain Happy said...

You 'pay back' your friend account ALL of the time...you just don't know it! Just having you in the room is pay back...you radiate sunshine, happiness, caring and love.
Funny you mentioned the cement house and cottages. I was just telling a friend about the cottages, we are planning a trip to see them...we'll be sure to take in the Exhibit as well.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

You deserve to be happy and your friends count themselves lucky to have you in their lives!