Wednesday, July 16, 2008

To the End of the Earth....and Back

A rather interesting week since my last post...

Saturday was a beautiful day spent with friends on the South Shore. We caught an art gallery tour in Lunenburg and had lunch at a great little spot called the Knot Pub. I found a few more Ruby glass pieces to add to my collection (it is rather freeing to spent your alloted cash at the beginning of the day!). Then it was more art hopping and off to Mahone Bay where we tried to catch the end of the Paint Mahone Bay day. We finished it off with dinner at the Inlet Cafe. What a bunch these folks are!

Sunday I got up and cleaned the house and then went to get Macy at the Farm and we came home to take a nap. The latter part of the afternoon and early evening was spent poolside with Evelyne and Paul and the kids and let me tell you-it was fab. I have a new bathing suit that I found at target in SC and I quite like it. A tankini-type one that shows of the Girls quite well. A real departure for me as I usually go for the "safe" sport type, but fun. Their creepy neighbour spent a lot of time in his driveway where he had a clear view. I'll take what I can get at this point-leering or not.

Monday morning it was off to the Farm for Macy as I had a south west NS tour planned for the next two days for work. Before I did an inspection in Bridgewater, I turned right in New Ross to find a retail feed outlet in Barss Corner (I eventually found it! Yay me. I learned on this trip that it is better to trust my directional instincts). I had lunch with Angie and her three wonderful kids and then it was off to Shelburne for the night.

Poor little town. A lot of the stuff that was there last year is no longer. And my favourite restaurant there is closed on Mondays. But, I did have dinner at an amazing new place called Lothar's...I even met the chef! Wonderful spot...when you get inside, it is like entering another dimension and you are no longer in a poor little town. The service was great and I had brought a magazine to peruse. After dinner, I went to see a movie at the Capitol Theartre (Hulk. Which was OK. They only show one movie a week and I was just glad it wasen't some sappy love story. I'm at the I-hate-every-loving-couple-walking-down-the-street-hand-in-hand stage). What a cool building. An oldie-complete with half-moon ticket wicket and tin ceiling and old seats and musty smell. There were 6 patrons that night, including me! I stayed at MacKenzie's Motel.

Tuesday morning I was on the scenic Lighthouse Route that wasen't so scenic because the view was hampered by serious fog. I hunted down a new retailer in Barrington Passage and then made my way to a scheduled inspection in Lower West Pubnico. Find it on a map. Look at the end of the province. And I mean the end. I made it back to Kentville at about 4:15, picked up one happy hound, and made it to my tennis lesson.

I love these lessons. We did more over-hand serve practice, then diagonal backhand practice and then played a small-court game. Jenny and Thomas don't quite know what to think of me (does anybody ever know what to think of me?), but they are great teachers. Marcie is a great person to have as my lesson-mate because she is nice and because we are at the same level. But she does know how to keep score-I can't quite get the hang of it. It is the strangest system I have ever met and is so NOT logical. I think the inventors were on opium or absinthe when they set it up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - I totally get your not getting the tennis scoring. What the heck? Mel watches tennis on TV and it just makes NO SENSE to me. I used to play a little (took lessons in Kentville) and it seemed to make some sense then. I've got the grass is greener thing going on...your life seems to be pretty exciting and full of adventure these days compared to mine...Enjoy it (don't get me wrong - I am happy too)! You are LIVING life! Wahoo!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the I-hate-every-loving-couple-walking-down-the-street-hand-in-hand stage...lol! I know exactly what you mean...and thats why it made me laugh! Trust me that stage will come and go many times, girl! Sometimes you'll just want to slap those happy couples and tell them to snap out of it already!
Enjoy the rest of your week, Taryn...ttyl!
Amy
xoxo