Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh, the Bounty!

The CAS basket was full to overflowing this week!
Check out the list on the right....

The recipe this week sounded so great (and it gave me a use for eggplant-which I never use) I decided to make it for supper. Here is the original recipe:

Summer Garden Ratatouille

2 onions chopped
5 cloves garlic minced
1 bay leaf
Saute in 3 Tbsp. of olive oil

1 medium eggplant chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary or 1 tsp. dried
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. fresh marjoram chopped or 1/2 tsp. dried
Add, cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is soft, about 15-20 minutes.

2 summer squash chopped
2 green orange or red pepper cut into strips
2 cups tomatoes chopped
Add and simmer until peppers and squash are tender, about 10 minutes. Serve over pasta or polenta or rice.

And here is what I changed: I didn't have any bay leaf, rosemary or marjoram. But I did have a dried french Herb Provincial and added one Tbsp. of that. And it worked. I used zucchini for the summer squash. I had it over a bit of whole wheat pasta I had in the cupboard.

It was delish....I Heart TapRoot!

1 comment:

pam said...

mmmm yummy. I love eggplant.
By the way ... BATS !! That is so cool ...okay... maybe not in the house. But don't you just love their little squigy worried faces and furry bellies...
We have them in the backyard & I love sitting out at night watching them on bug patrol. I have a big stuffed furry one in our bathroom ... so cute. Not really sure why I chose the bathroom ("Batroom" maybe ?? ) ha !