As 2010 draws to a close, one can't help but review. After the hustle and bustle of Christmas, I rather enjoy the contemplative nature of the following week and the approach of the new year (and the new decade!).Funny. When I think of the past year, it went like this: WhOOSH! When I think of the past decade and what happened, it is more of a turtle pace.
- I got my first vehicle (remember the Swamp Tiger?!) and then my second (my Black Beauty).
- I have had three addresses (Main Street, Belcher Street and Pleasant Street).
- I started paying attention to exercise (I miss Tim's classes, I discovered mountain biking and running and I walk the dog ALL THE TIME).
- I started participating in Centrestage theatre (13 shows altogether).
- I met the love of my life, we married and are awaiting a babe.
- I started my career with the CFIA and have been on the Hill.
- I bought a house.
- I lost two dear kitties but met my Hound.
- I have been to Bermuda (3x!), Alaska, Mexico and drove from Alberta to NS. I also helped a dear friend and her daughter and doggie move all the way from NS to South Carolina and saw 11 States in the process.
- I have rediscovered, found, and sadly lost great friends.
I think that qualifies as a pretty darn great decade! I can't even imagine what is in store for the next ten years...oh wait. Yes I can. Sleepless nights, constant worry, soccer games, and complete and utter awe and fascination and joy in the process of rearing a tiny human. Thank goodness I have Troy here to walk with me (not to mention a bevy of supportive friends and family). He truly is a good 'un. And he's handsome to boot!
Therefore, my word for 2011 is this: Nurture.
- myself (being kind to me, taking care of),
- the baby (continued mindfulness of what I am eating, lots of cuddles),
- our marriage (continued mindfulness of what I am saying, lots of cuddles and appreciation),
- our home (creating a place where we can be a family and be safe).
The cool thing is, I recently found out I won a contest for leaving a comment on the Ali Edwards blog where the prize was free registration for an on-line creative class entitled One Little Word where Ali will provide a creative prompt each month where we use our word for something. That will probably be the extent of my creative pursuits for 2011 as I will be a little busy come April (to recap, these have been my words since we were encouraged to begin in Bookclub:
breathe, honesty, now, good). So at the end of the year, I'll have 12 reminders of a nurtured year.
Anyhoo, there you go. Whatever the new year brings for you, may you tackle it head on and have a little fun in the process.
Happy New Year.



2 comments:
Hey - don't forget about driving from NS to SC. Let me remember, we ticked off 11 states on that trip, drove through the biggest rain storm ever and you helped hold me together both on the drive and when we arrived. I will never forget and I don't think I can ever possibly repay you.
Whoops! How the heck did that happen??? Blog amended. PS: its not about repayment-x that out of your brain.
Post a Comment