Practically the whole neighbourhood was in attendance along with both Grammies and Auntie Tina! it was a lovely afternoon spent in the company of lovely people :)
And cake. Somehow if you take an image to Sobey's, they will scan it and print it on rice paper. Sandi took the jungle-theme invite and viola! There is was on the cake (and you can eat it!). There were lobster sandwiches and spinach dip and egg curry sandwiches and veggies and the most amazing fudge.....oh, my.
There was baby trivia and guess the mommy's belly size (which, thankyouverymuch, was NOT the highest number guessed). There were amazing gifts and some great laughs and awesome conversations....a treat of a way to spend a Sunday. Thank you, Girls...it was a wonderful gift :)
Yes, so I'm 33 weeks as of today. Yikesarama. The next step is the nursery prep...painting is scheduled for the 20th. Between donations and lends and gifts to set up, we are slowly collecting the necessities. I'm feeling great but slowing down to accommodate the girth...a few more weeks to work, I think. Troy and I have been learning lots in the pre-natal classes.
Bermuda Jenn is here for a pre-baby visit this weekend. We attended a fundraiser for the KCA playground on Friday, hit the city for shopping yesterday (I REALLY needed more body butter...that stuff have SAVED MY SKIN this winter) and went to see our evil friend Tim in Dial M for Murder last night followed by a post play gathering at the pub. Late for mama to be out, but SO worth it to spend time with some of my fave people.
Life is good. And getting better. Pinch me.



No comments:
Post a Comment