Monday, December 04, 2006

First Day At Camelot

Have to admit. Finally getting to Camelot was a tad anti-climatic. I was imagining a bigger building, all set off by itself....no. It is in an industrial park-like area and the front of the building is kinda set to the side so all of a sudden you are there. In fact, you notice the deli sign before anything else...oh well...and the front lobby is a wee bit non-fancy. It was fun to watch everyone arrive tho-a real bee hive of activity. Folks coming and going, all with great purpose. A LOT of people work there.

The day was full: meeting people, trying to orient oneself in a maze of cubicles, and being briefed on the task at hand. I felt like if I didn't leave a trail of breadcrumbs on the way to the loo I would never find my way back.

Good things at Camelot: lots of people (some of whom I knew from training courses I ahd been on), a great working group, and getting a little taste of the whys and whosits of what we do in the field. Trust me when I say "clear, consise and accurate" ARE the key words when it comes to creating effective comments in an inspection report. It was kind of cool how I could log onto the network and still be connected to the team at home, too.

An early night tonight...didn't sleep too soundly in an unfamiliar bed. I'm off to get some dinner and then I think I might work on my C'Mas cards this evening.

No comments: