Saturday, December 02, 2006

The First Saturday in December


Holy Crap.

The first Saturday in December. I can hardly believe it. And I have most of my shopping done tra la la :) After work last night I actually had the gumption to go shopping. And you know something? It was an awesome time to go. The store I had to go to was not busy and I had two young guys fulfilling my every wish. I marched in there, listed off what I wanted and marched out fifteen minutes later. Now that is my kinda shopping!

Mind you, I was already marching high. I had made a stop at one of my fave shops (it was on tha way....it was not busy....I need shoes and I will tell you why in a minute....): The Shoe and Handbag Outlet on Commercial Street in New Minas. I love that flippin' store. Get this: I got $525.00 worth of shoes for (insert drumroll.....) $105!!!! Four pairs! A sweet pair of Dexter blue suade mary janes (perfect for wearing with jeans), a pair of grey nubuck ECCO semi-casual flats, a green suade pair of Dexter loafers, and a rockin' pair of Geox black wedge shoes( the original price on the Geox? $185. My price? $55).

So the reason I needed new shoes is that I have been summoned to Ottawa. Yep! I get to spend next week as part of a working group at Camelot (head office)! I am pretty excited, and I see it as a great honour. It all happened pretty quickly....the request only came on Wednesday and I had my ticket by Thursday afternoon. I have internet at the hotel so I will try to post some bloggings from there. I leave tomorrow afternoon and return Friday afternoon.

I am off to Jackie's house this afternoon to gather with a buncha girls to make C'Mas wreaths...I am making mushroom tarts to take with. And then tonight we are going bowling with Evelyne and Paul.

PS-Myleta and Jill: I broke down this week and purchased those acrylic journalling stamps LOVE THEM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! is right! And I thought a trip to Hally-fax was exciting! Keep us posted and how about a pic of your feet on a street in Ottawa in those cool 'Mary Janes'?