Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day


I get a real charge out of the dude at the Shell in New Minas. "Dave" is the most pleasant, customer-service oriented guy and I like when he is there. He cracks me up. He has cut his previously dread-locked hair, but he still has lots of tatoos and wears big skull rings to compliment his Shell uniform. And today, I noticed he was wearing eye-liner. I had to stop myself because I realized I was staring. And then I heard the Goth music in the background. Imagine-Goth first thing in the morning. Then again-maybe it is the end of his work day. They are open 24 hrs.

So here it is another Valentine's Day. I wish I were in a better mood. I don't only have the February blahs...I have the February blahs, groans and whines. In fact, I was purposely late for work this morning. Now, I know I am not usually there much before 8(usually a few minutes after because I can't seem to get my act together), but today I had to get gas and I decided that the Swamp Tiger needed a bath. So I paid for a wash and mindfully looked at my watch and said, "Oh hell. Why not." even tho it said it was 8:00. I sat in a line-up of three cars, listened to the radio and ate canteloupe. I got to work at 8:35 and now here I am creating a blog. I think I might just take some comp time this afternoon. I think that chick who is trying to get us a stat holiday for the 3rd Monday in February has the right idea.

1 comment:

Just Plain Happy said...

Taryn,
Just catching up on 'my reading'. If only I could find a way to strap this computer to our snowmobile! Actually, the sno-mo is what keeps ME from the winter blahs/blues! I figure you may as well make the most of it! Whatever IT maybe. Love to read about your day to day! And, trust me, it is NEVER mundane!