
So glad it is finally Friday. Large week behind me. This photo was taken last Friday at the Murder by the Book cast party. The funny wave is me repeating one of my favourite lines from the play, "I shall avert my eyes...."
Remember that post with the pic of Troy and I in front of the tree with the holes in the walls behind us? Well, they are GONE. Last Thursday (Friday? it is all a blur) Troy's parent's came to the house with a painter in tow to fix the holes, fix cracks and paint the entire living room and hallway! Happy Birthday to us! What an awesome pressie! Saturday I bought lucious paint from Brad's Decor (the label on the paint can was embossed, for Pete's sake) and when I got home on Tuesday evening from the city, it was all done. I never realized how much dust is created in such a process (cough cough)...but it was SO worth it. The next time you come to my house and you feel really relaxed (but really hungry), it is because the colour of the walls is "hemp seed". We love it. I will eventually post some before and after pics. The colour really cozies up the room. Funny-sometimes it looks tannish, sometimes it looks greenish. The celing colour is "montary white". I am now looking for new wall sconces for either side of the fireplace and picture window.
So on top of the painting event, I was in the city for three days this week on a "Teaching Techniques for Occasional Trainers" course put on through the Canada School of Public Service. Great course, but very tiring (add three hours driving time to each day). I did, however, sucessfully navigate driving in downtown Halifax with an Agency car without damage! I was wiped out by Wednesday night...didn't even have the energy to put the living room back to rights (everything is in our bedroom-what a mess). That will be Saturday's project.
And I also had two physio appointments and massage therapy this week for my bum hip. Seems to be getting better.
So, although the weekend look sequally busy, I am still looking forward to it: Friday night to the pub for dinner with Tammy and Trevor, Saturday scouting for sconces and cleaning this place, Saturday night to Pete and Sandi's for St. Partick's Day dinner, and Sunday to do my Book club stuff. Katherine and I are hosting this time around....I have lots to do to prepare.
So what ever your weekend holds, best o' luck...hope it is dandy! Happy St. Patrick's Day! Happy Birthday, Michael!



2 comments:
Happy to hear about your paint job! Freshly painted rooms are inspiring... to do more decorating (hence the sconces,right??. I am excited to see what you and Kathryn will conjure up for us! I am sure it will be top notch! Can't wait 'til Monday night!
Taryn, don't stress yourself out about book club. After what I have eaten this week the only thing we need is carrots and dip. Actually skip the dip I had too much chocolate. See ya Monday
Post a Comment