Sunday, July 15, 2007

Blossom Antics Set #1




I have a few favourite Blossom pics I will share with you, but will do so in parts (so I'll have pics for the next few posts). This first set of pics were taken on the Friday night of Blossom at the King's Arms. There was a really great band playing and as you can see, a good time was had by all.

Well folks, I actually have proof that yes, dreams sometimes DO come true. Friday was a double header. You know that feeling that you sometimes get when you are so excited that you think you might burst but you are reluctant to do so because you just know that if you do you will create a scene or an awful mess? I had that on Friday. TWICE.

Friday morning I got the go ahead to move my office. We have had a few shake-ups at the Kentville Field office: retirements, promotions, new hires, transfers...you name it. So my supervisor has been trying to figure out the best arrangement for all and TA DA...I get to move! More later (there is a build up here...trying to do it chronilogically).

I got home at luch on Friday to discover the tree straps for my hammock had arrived. Remember I told you how I bought a hammock at Crappy Tire a few (long) weeks ago? I never had the heart to bore into the trees and found an alternative on the internet (go figure) at hammockscanada.com. They are these really cool straps you wrap around the tree with hardware on the end to attach a hammock. Not cheap, but they work! I had just enough time at lunch to get them up and hang the hammock. After work would be the big test....my moment would have to wait.

I moved into B-146 at the Research Station Friday afternoon. OK. Does not sound like a big deal, but it is. For me. I have a SINGLE office with a HUGE window that overlooks the INNER COURTYARD. First dream realized. Ever since I first drove past the KRS when I first moved to Kentville, I was enchanted thinking it would be the most wonderful place to work. Then, once I worked there on contract six years ago, I whistfully thought how great it would be to work there as a public servant. Then, when I finally got my job there last year, it was going to be the epitome of wonder to have an office SUCH AS I NOW OCCUPY. As I unpacked my things, it ws diffcult not to sing and dance the whole time (and some of you may realize how difficult this would be for me). First soexcitedithinkimightthrowuporcry moment.

Second? When I finally made it home and flopped into my hammock and cracked a Clancy's. I'm swingin' and sippin' and watching how the dappled sun looks in my woodland oasis when it occurs to me: "this is one thing I have wanted FOREVER and my new office is waiting for me on Monday...holy crap! Dreams DO come true!"

3 comments:

Just Plain Happy said...

Taryn,I am so happy to hear your dreams have been realized! Have a great day tomorrow in your new office! I do NEED a pic tho' of you, hammock and a Clancy! And the guy in the top pic, far right- Trevor, was our next door neighbor and babysat our kids... Amy, to be exact! How funny is that?

Anonymous said...

Wish it and it is so.... Lucky you... lucky us to get to share your dreams turned reality!!!!
.. now where is your office in relation to Katherine Sanfords?????... I may haunt you some day

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Taryn. You derserve happy things. I think next year I am hanging with you on apple blossom cause you have lots of fun.