Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sunday, Blessed Sunday



My most favourite day of the week.

Finished reading this book last night. I think I got it from Evelyne's book night this past winter. It was a good, fast read. Now I am ready for something deeper. I tried "The Historian", but found it too dark...didn't get past the first few chapters. Sorry E...I know you loved it.

Next on my list? Remains to be seen. I read about a book on Ali's blog the other day called "A Thousand Splendid Suns" but when I went to look for it, I discovered it is only available in Hardcover. And it is a best seller, so I don't imagine it will be in soft cover before my vacation starts. I have ordered tree wraps to hang my hammock to lounge in when we return from PEI. Perhaps I will pick up a copy of "The Birth House". Apparently, the girl at Coles (who like, reads "about 60to70booksamonth"-which tells me she isn't very diserning....) likes it..."I'vereaditfourtimes". Helpful, but a little annoying.

Just enjoying coffe and Corrie this morning...Troy stayed in Middleton last night so Macy and I shared the bed (rather, she shared the bed with me...how such a little dog seems to take up so much space is beyond me...). On tap for today is jam-making and maybe some puttering at my desk. It is a rather grey day out there. By the way, Cry Babies (and you know who you are)...I am selling yet another BC book on eBay...LB#3. I have a 10$ US bid :)

Enjoy your Sundays...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TARYN,
I SHOULD GET YOU TO SELL SOME BOOKS FOR ME. eNJOY YOUR TIME IN PEI. AND I AM SURE THAT THE WOMEN WHO READS 60-70 BOOKS A MONTH IS NO WHERE NEAR AS FUN AS YOU ARE.

Anonymous said...

Taryn,
Birth House is a good read... I never read books more than once... what's the fun if you know the ending!!! happy time in PEI... I'm also a Hard Cover Collector so I usually read what I want, when I want... sweet indulgence!!! Paulette

Just Plain Happy said...

The Birth House was great. A few of my favs lately are: An Audience of Chairs, The Mermaid Chair, Secret Life of Bees, Rushome Road, The Kite Runner (all within... not the last month but the last YEAR). Have fun on the Island, don't forget to have some Cows-Ice Cream.