Back home from Scrapgala last night...had a great time, created lots of great stuff and had a really great time with friends. Some old, some new.
There were two things that were really great: an evening spent in a hotel room with 17 other women and seeing my wonderful friend Joline and her hubby Marc-Andre for a few hours.
Let me ask you-what do you think happens when you mix a bunch of women who come from all backgrounds and a few beverages? You get a whole lotta new uses for a blue stripped bra. Yes, there are photos (but none on MY camera...I dug it out at our first class to take a fantastic shot of Amy and Myleta in rapt attention as Tena Springer demonstrated a technique but got this message: WARNING BATTERY EXHAUSTED. Crap.)but I will have to wait to see them. It was so cool to hang out with these gals....it was just FUN. Yes, we were a bit bleary eyed the next day but it was totally worth it. I enjoyed getting to know the members of the other Bookclub better: Jamie, Angie, Ardith , Gail and Pat are pretty awesome.
The other best thing was seeing Joline and Marc. She called to chat last week and I had just happened to ask if she was going to be in Moncton on Saturday and she said yes! So we managed to hook up and we went shopping. It wasen't the shopping that was the best (although finding those amazing truffles at Costco was pretty spectacular)...it was spending time with them. It was hard for me to say goodbye...and I even told her I loved her.
The classes were great. The teachers were inspirational and we learned a few new techniques. Very fast paced, (ie stressful sometimes) but I did come home with completed projects. The Future Inn was a good venue and although the organizational abilities of the organizers don't come anywhere near those of Myleta, Paulette or Ria, they did pretty good. Would anyone like a few juice coupons?????
Me and my roomie Gayle travelled together and we really appreciated the girls in the van ahead of us calling to give us a road update yesterday...the weather was a bit dicey leaving Moncton. We made it home safe and sound.
I am spending the day today unpacking my creative goodies and cleaning the house. Macy is pretty happy to be home from the Farm and Zeut is sticking pretty close. Troy is working (suprise) so we are keeping the home fire burning and putting on a batch of chili for supper.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
glad you had a great time Taryn, it is always alot of fun just getting away as one of the girls. I missed being there.
Hey Taryn,
We just got home... good summary of scrapgala... who has the bra pics? that was hilarious... Would you go again?????
Hi Taryn,
Great to hear that you had such a wonderful time! Can't wait to see what you created!
Taryn,
I am so glad you had a great time! Start tucking that $10. away again and we will do our darndest to get enrollment up so we can all go again next year! Ask Amy for a few pics of the striped bra and I am sure Angie has a ton of them as well. Now, aren't you itching to just CREATE something? I am!
Hi Taryn,
I developed the infamous bra photos yesterday. I must say, the purse that you created looks beautiful. There are 24 photos of the bra, and I will make sure that you get copies. We really had fun in the pad, didn't we? I enjoyed getting to know you better as well. Scrapgala has been good to us. There isn't much more to be had than creating, being with the girls and having fun.Take care of yourself. Jamie
Post a Comment