So it is Monday again...it is only 9:13 and I already want to go home and curl up with my puppy and my kitty. I'm emotionally exhausted and just want to close my eyes and wake up and find the Season to be over. I am not a C'Mas fan and already I feel overwhelmed with everything.
I ended up taking another half day off last week to finish up those leaves. I had to work pretty fast as my goal was to finish the whole damn job that day. Of course, because the neighbours had not raked thier leaves and my house is in the middle of a wind tunnel, their leaves ended up on my freaking lawn again. I was not amused. So the mood I was in yesterday propelled me to action: I used my Stihl blower and blew the leaves back into their yard AND I tossed a pile of Marj Poo (their dog who insists on going in our yard...of course if they would PICK UP after her I would not mind but Nooooo they just let her out the front door sans lead and she goes where she pleases) onto their lawn.
They must have been watching me, because when I came back from Blockbuster to drop off a movie, my neighbour was out raking and apologized for not doing it earlier. Then, when Macy and I went for yet another walk yesterday, the neighbour kid comes running over (she is 4) and says, "How come you blowed the leaves into our yard?" I replied, "Because they blew over into my yard from your yard in the first place." She said, "Oh" and happily skipped back into her yard. I got a chuckle out of it...kids can be so honest.
Unlike most adults.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
LOL - your kid comment is so true.
GOod for you for taking action with regards to the poo and the leaves!
Oh, and the grown ups comment too...true also
You crack me up Taryn!! I think I need you in my yard to help me with the dog shit from next door. It's Jeff's sister which really pisses me off!
Hmmm! Is this the same Taryn with the beautiful 'autumn foliage' pictures on her blog COMPLAINING about raking leaves??? Oh, who am I to judge! I have a 90+ year old neighbour who is constantly showing ME up with HER leaf raking skills! I have tossed in the rake and am just waiting for a good gust of wind.... hope they aren't carried to Kentville!
Post a Comment