So chilly here yesterday that I put a fire on. Hope the weather cooperates today-I have some weeding to do and a dog that I owe a huge walk to. Going to visit Jane, Isabelle and Maggie tonight :)
This past week I had lunch with my friend Scott and it was good. Good to see him, good food. We went to the Designer Cafe in Kentville (my new fave place) and had spicy squash soup, baguette, olives and cheese.
Also went to Paddy's to celebrate the retirement of the world's best Cafeteria Lady (Marion). She has been running the CNIB caf at the Station and she makes the World's Best Cinnamon Buns (mine always had extra cinnamon). And her Marion McMuffins were fantastic. Sigh.
And went to the Pub for wings on Tuesday night. The new wings, quite frankly, are...well...icky. They are coated in this batter then sauced which in theory sounds good (and they are good when they are hot), but once they cool off they get mighty soggy. Oh well-I shouldn't be eating them anyhow. BTW, the honey curry sauce is bland, bland, bland.
Friday night I was FINALLY able to watch Season One of Rescue Me. I LOVE this series. Troy had downloaded a few episodes last fall and I was hooked. Was excited to see I could rent all seasons through the library system (for FREE) so I reserved the first season. Last fall. Then, I get a call from the library that it is finally there for me only to discover the other night that the TV has finally died (sound, but no picture). Grrr! Then, this brainiac remembered Ruby's upgrade involved getting a new hard drive with a DVD player and she made it work and sat at the computer watching most of the Rescue Me episodes Friday night and the rest Saturday morning :) Such clever writing: very refreshing. I'm on the "list" for Season Two.
Finally gave the house a good cleaning yesterday and then took myself out for breakfast. Tim came over yesterday afternoon to brainstorm for something we are working on for Apple Blossom's Party for the Cure and we are pretty jazzed about it. After he left, I slipped into melancholy and stared at the fire until it was finally time to go to bed.
No fear. I am realizing that times of melancholy are OK. They don't last forever. Which is an improvement.



4 comments:
Thanks for the tribute, Taryn - that was a very special weekend - my heart came close to bursting as I watched the two of you delight in and care for each other. I smile each time I think of it! Love, mom
Hi 'Ya Sweetie,
I do not need to watch a TV series but just come visit your blog. You write in such a manner that I can picture the character Taryn, lunching in a cafe with her friend Scot, etc, etc and then the final scene...which fades (til next week's episode) of Taryn sitting in front of the fire, staring into space, Macy curled by side, and melancholy music accompanies melancholy thoughts...
You are a natural born writer and you have a gift.
TFS!
Myleta
I wish I had gotten to see the girls. Would have been a great year to wear your bra on the outside of your shirt!!! Show that bad boy off!!!
Having my morning coffee and thinking of the Desiner cafe and the cozy chair I sat in with my dearest of friend a little while back. We must meet again soon for another latte! (or juice, or beer, or wine...)
Have a nice week.
Jo
Post a Comment