Friday, June 13, 2008

Greetings from South Carolina!

Well, we made it!
All the way from Nova Scotia to South Caolina!

What a trip :) We left Saturday afternoon and spent the night with Grand mere et Papi in Saulnierville. Sunday afternoon we boarded the Cat and found ourselves in Maine at about 10pm doing immigration paperwork. Shopping was the order of the day on Monday in Kittery (OK-I have a shoe problem. I know that now...after buying 4 pairs!), but Tuesday and Wednesday we spent on the road. I think my favourite state was Virginia-it was beautiful. Let me tell you-it is some job being a personal assistant to a very bright 3 year old!

South Carolina. Hard to believe we are here! And we still like each other! It was a great road trip and fun was had by all. We arrived Wednesday night. The truck had dropped off the boxes that morning and so Thursday was spent unpacking and I entertained Miss Isabelle. Today we went to the neighbourhood pool and had a blast. After Paul came home from work, we went sight-seeing and had dinner in Georgia (just to add another state to my list!).

The weekend will be filled with lots of activity and I fly back on Monday morning. Update will follow with more pics. Jane promises to blog soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys made it safe and sound! And happy (which is quite remarkable after all this time cooped up in the car!!!) I am happy to report that everything is OK on the home front. Mr Z is doing good. He did go on a counter expedition however, as I found the content of his basket on the floor one day this week! He'll get ditraction today as I am alone with Miss O so have no choice but to take her with me! I wish you a great week-end and a safe trip back! Big hellos to Jane, Isabelle and Paul (Actually, make that "Allos"!)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I have been waiting patiently. Glad to hear you all made it same and sound.
G (P's petite soeur)

Anonymous said...

Hi Taryn,
Glad you made it safe and sound! I can't wait to visit Kittery...just for the shoes!

Have a safe trip home.

Just Plain Happy said...

Hi Taryn,

Happy to hear you are having a great and SAFE trip! Sounds like a scrapworthy experience! You are made of such good stuff to be helping out a friend like this. Can't wait to hear more.
See you soon,
Myleta

Angie said...

I just posted my comment....before I actually made one!!! (Nice thinking)

Hope your having a great trip. That is a long time in a car with anyone!!! Glad to hear you are still friends!!! lol

Anonymous said...

You will have to write a book for others in need of road trip entertaining for toddlers. You are a woman with so many skills... Have a nice safe and relaxing trip back.

Jo