Friday, June 06, 2008

Dinner Guests

Cutie patooties, or what???

Jane and Isabelle were here for dinner last night and it was lovely having them here. We discussed final plans for departure and just enjoyed being together. I see a great trip in our future...

Spent the day on the road yesterday....all the way to Yarmouth and back. I did an inspection in Concession on the way and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was at a tiny little family feed place off the beaten track (been operating for like 60 years...) and the couple that run it are really nice. A bit of a language barrier as they are French, but that is part of the fun! Dude told me the only thing that hasen't changed in 60 years is toilet paper-not sure if he meant the roll at the store or toilet paper in general! Proceeded to Yarmouth to do another inspection and that was good too. I discovered Savery Park on the way home (a provincial picnic park on the left just before Digby) and stopped for a little break by the ocean...it is lovely there. Even the outhouses were not bad!

I listened to a great interview on Q on the way home (OK. I concede. Maybe Gian isn't SO bad...) with The Amazing Kreskin. Not sure if any of you remember that show. He made a comment about how he has observed the way people communicate (mostly through body language): they don't really listen to each other because they are so busy thinking of what they are going to say when the other person is finished talking. That, coupled with the fact that people do a lot of communicating through electronic means now with all of its misinterpretation possibilities....it is no wonder people have "communication issues". Hmmm. Something to ponder.

Happy Friday, y'all. I am looking forward to coming home tonight, cracking a beer and watching Season Two of Rescue Me (Denis Leary eye candy.....ummmm....delish).

3 comments:

Just Plain Happy said...

I love the pics, Taryn. Macy looks so comfortable and so does the little girl (Isabelle?). You have great friends and I love to hear how you share time with them.
Have a Happy Weekend.
Myleta

Paul Melanson said...

Good to hear things are coming together. Can't wait to see you. Hopefully everything will go smoothly for your big trip. See you soon.

Angie said...

Holy curls!!!! That hair nust be a bitch to comb out!!! lol but gorgeouse to look at!!!
Have a great day!