...and Happy Fourth of July. Funny, I didn't post wishes for a Happy Canada Day. But I hope everyone had a good mid-week break. I cleaned my house and did laundry. Whoohoo. This weekend doesn't look too promising for fun...I'll probably put up the hammock, tho.
Love this picture of Zeut. Clearly, what I should be doing this weekend is giving the deck a scrubadubdub!
Oh yeah-there was a highlight to Canada day...the book club Pushy Peeps rallied together to go cheer up a fellow BC member. We ambushed her, really, but the result was good. We arrived at her door with food, etc. on the premise that is was just me coming to give her a hug...imagine her surprise when the rest of the chix popped out of the bushes! Sometimes, when you are feeling less than stellar, the best thing to do is to do something nice for someone else :)
I had my first tennis lesson last night! Yes, a tennis lesson! It was fun. Just me and one other person named Marcie with two (young) instructors. Private lessons, really (insert snooty accent). It is something I have wanted to do for a very long time and the Kentville Rec department offers them every summer so I thought this year why the hell not. We worked on forehand, backhand and the names of the lines and had a little mini match (ahem, I won). I hit three balls right out of the fence (that never happened when I played softball, for Pete's Sake!). Thomas (he's so cute...very soft spoken but very knowledgeable and very good at teaching..I think he might be, like 12....ok...16) just grinned and gave me feedback. Jenny was the main instructor with a well-organized lesson (she might have been 17...). So, for the next six weeks, every Tuesday and Thursday evening, I'll be hitting the courts.
Do something that scares you once in a while. You might have fun.



4 comments:
When I think of us 'Peeps' all hiding in the bushes like teenagers, well, it brings a grin to my face and warms my heart....by all accounts a successful 'Friendship Swoop'. Good advice: Do something that scares you!
Happy Swinging on the tennis courts, Taryn!
Wish I could pop out of your bushes!
Psst!...we're booking a camping trip to PEI aroung the 24th-27th of July. I beleive near Kingsington. Hope your still planning a trip to French River...
Love the pic, nice angle!
Jo
Yeah Taryn!!! tennis is so fun (we play but usually the bugs are so bad at the shore, the fun goes a little haywire!!!) Peeps are so good to have, right up there with good coffee ..(you know how I love my coffee!!!) Lucky all of us to have each other:o)
"Do something that scares me???? Yup, that would be exercise! Watched the final at Wimbleton yesterday, will we see you there?
Post a Comment