Saturday, August 09, 2008

Conflict Resolution

So last Monday, I was feeling the effects of inner conflict that had plagued me all weekend. I decided to shake things up a bit and took the Hound over to Harbourville for some cleansing sea air. It was a little rainy in the valley, but when we crested the top of the North mountain it was sunny! And hot. It was a Beagle Walk (this is where Macy is still on a string, but she takes the lead and is able to go where she wants, smell what she wants and at her own pace) and we transversed the entire beach (did you know there is another whole beach on the other side of the harbour???). The first pic shows my little mountain-goat dog where she gave up trying to go as far up the left beach as she could lest her princess feet got wet while the second is of seagulls on the roof of a cottage on the right side of the beach (they were playing leap frog-it was quite funny to watch). I felt much better after the walk, came home and finished The Pillars of the Earth and took a nap.

Tuesday morning it was back to work. If you remember, last week as acting supervisor, I had to make a decision that met with a bit of controversy. Turns out, I did the right thing! Yay me!

There was no tennis due to rain on Tuesday, but Thursday evening the lesson rocked. Now, I ain't no Sharapova, but I am getting better. There are just so many things to remember!

Thursday after work I went to the photo centre Wal-mart to place an order of pics. I had been inspired, you see, by reading my latest issue of Scrapbook and Cards magazine (Canadian-much better than Canadian Scrapbooker) from cover to cover and putting sticky notes on pages I wanted to refer back to. This system works for me because when I feel like creating, most of the time is spent deciding how to do something and I run out of steam. This way, I just look in the mag, find a tab that says, "PEI page" or "Isabelle's birthday card" and GO. I also bit the bullet and bought 5 frames (come on-we all have things we want to frame and use but we never seem to get around to it) and gave homes to my favourite pic of Macy, my fave of Zeut, the blue postcard of the Palmetto symbol that is on the SC state flag, AND my Bermuda map that is perfect for my do-over bathroom. Yay me again!

Friday afternoon I decided to take some vacation time. I came home, took a big nap and then went on a big walk with Macy (who, for the first time, managed to send me arse over teakettle down by the river by running full steam and jerking my arm out of the socket and making me do a side-body plant on the path and of which I am really feeling the effects of today). Since the mailman had left me a brand-new Chatelaine magazine and a surprise note from my mom and it was kinda rainy, the couch called to me and I spent the rest of the afternoon sucking it all up. Before I had left work, I made plans with Tim for the evening.

I still do not relish Friday nights and I decided a change of scene would do wonders. And I was right. We had an awesome evening at the Wick pub in Berwick taking in really great food and the music provided by Open Mic night. Fab-u-lous. A bit of bluegrass, a bit of blues, a bit of folk finished off by a group effort of a few mountain gospel songs (sounds bad, I know, but it was really great). Definitely a do-over in the future. What a great little venue-we chatted, we listened to the music, we chatted, we rubbed elbows with some of the musicians and we chatted. I got stopped by the cops on the way home (apparently under the suspicion I was driving under the influence because I didn't turn my lights on until I was half-way out of Berwick-what's that-about 50 feet or so?) which was kind of exciting...I felt like a rebel in my new truck...answered the officer's questions...I was at the pub, I had a half-pint of beer at about 8pm, didn't have the lights on because this was a new truck that I was still figuring out and the old truck had bright running lights and I didn't usually need to turn the lights on blah blah blah. He took my paperwork, went back to the fuzzmobile to check it out and returned only to tell me everything was fine except that I had better sign my registration (which, apparently is not valid until signed) and he handed me a pen. Whoops. Tim's peanut gallery was thankfully closed for the evening.

Anyhow. All these things at the beginning of the week due to a quote I pulled from a bookmarked blog I read written by Kal of the bulletproof positive attitude: "If it's not firing you up-CHANGE IT. Jimmy your life around it til it works for you."

I jimmied-it worked. Yay me!

2 comments:

Just Plain Happy said...

Yay You!!!
Taryn,I love to read your posts...you 'Happy My Heart' and Thanks! for that.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I am proud of you. I have been meaning to send you some words of wisdom...hence I had nothing to say...
Keep an eye out for the mailman...little treasures on their way.
Love.
JO