Monday, August 04, 2008

Crazy Week, Lazy Weekend

I'm not sure why (well, I lie...I do know why...emotional crap making my monkey brain spin is the culprit) last week seemed so hairy as there were no earth shattering events, but I am laying really low this weekend.

This week I got together with my Bookless Book Club peeps at Paulette's cottage for an unofficial meeting which was unofficially an awful lot of fun on Tuesday, had lunch with Marilyn and Ron, had dinner with the folks who bought the house in whose backyard I used to reside (their names are Heather and Jeff), had an awesome private tennis lesson and was acting supervisor on Thursday and Friday.

The weekend has consisted of puttering around the house. First stop Friday night was the beer store and then it was home to take the hound for a very long walk. I think I had a piece of toast and cheese for dinner, and then I gave the truck a bath. Oh my, but does she look spiffy when she is clean. I enjoyed a couple of episodes of Rescue Me that evening. Saturday I treated myself to breakfast at the cafe and did a couple of errands and came home and took a big nap. Then Macy and I got a lot of yard work done and walked up to feed Panther (Evelyne's cat). Saturday night was another Rescue Me night. Sunday I finished "Pillars of the Earth" (a very long book, but a great story if anyone would like to borrow it), did laundry, took another big nap and took the Hound to the Station. Perhaps the naps are my body's way of saying, "Hey! Rest already!" Sunday brought solitude reprieve as Stephanie and I went to see Mama Mia (which, by the way, despite the rotten reviews it has been getting, is a toe-tapping good time). It was good to get out and it meant I didn't have to make dinner (popcorn and diet coke...pillars of nutrition).

So today, being a rather soggy holiday Monday, begs to be used wisely: new book to read, things to create, dog to coax for a walk and probably a nap in there too. I actually have a new recipe to try involving ground lamb (a gift from Jane's freezer when she moved) and orzo and tomatoes which I hope will suffice until Wednesday.

Yes, I realize this post is a bit morose, but I am trying to find solace in solitude lately. It is better...when I think back to how restless I was earlier this year, I find quite a difference in my ability to hang around the house. Baby steps, baby steps. Long weekends are still...well, to put it frankly, difficult.

The good thing is, a holiday Monday means no Monday at the office. Tuesday will be hard enough-there will be a bit of a hang-over situation as the result of a decision I made as acting super last week. I am confidant that I made the right move (and I am hoping the real supervisor sees it that way, too), but the other person who is involved isn't very happy. We'll see.

PS-The picture of Macy was taken on our hooky day at Lumsen's Dam.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Orzo is my favourite, not so big on lamb!!! Wouldn't it be nice if all supervisory decisions were win win... Good luck tomorrow & enjoy today!

Just Plain Happy said...

Dear Taryn...baby steps, yes but still life isn't always easy, is it? I like your heading and it is good advice for us all...surrendering to the magic of the everyday. It is out there, that magic...we just have to open our eyes to it.
Chin up, Sweet Friend.
Love Myleta

Angie said...

I have two kids who you can borrow any time now...if your really bored!!! lol Just one of those moments where they are grating my nerves!!

D said...

Great pic of Macy

I agree last week was a very long week. (re FB conversation)

Good Luck on the acting-super issues.
D