Happy Labour Day to one and all. I CANNOT believe it is September...August seemed to just fly by. Funny, I still get the urge to buy a new notebook or two at this time of year. It is a little fallish out there today.
A rather busy week. Monday night I met up with the Bookclub Peeps at Paulette's for a wonderful evening of sharing and laughter. I remember looking around the group surrounding P's kitchen island thinking, "oh my god but I love these people..."
I took a sicky on Tuesday ...I have been processing a lot of "stuff" and was tired physically to boot and just needed to cocoon. I took 3 NAPS! By the evening I was ready to accept an invite to dinner at Erin and Jeff's place in Wolfville. At one point, there was an enthusiastic discussion about a certain female medical procedure (that is what happens when a OB/GYN is part of the group!) and all of a sudden I looked at Shannon and said, "I don't feel so well..." and I almost fainted (red dots dancing in front of my eyes...the whole bit). May have been the topic, but I think I was still fighting whatever had me in its grip during the day. I recovered. A nice evening, regardless.
Thursday a trip to the dentist was scheduled. Turns out, my increasing teeth sensitivity and headaches and sore jaw has been the result of me grinding my teeth at night. Dr.Ron said I had the back teeth of a 60 year old, worn most of the enamel off, and that my neck muscles were in total spasm (!). He has prescribed a bite plate to wear at night. Good thing I sleep alone-wouldn't that be cute to wake up to in the morning. Thank goodness for my dental plan.
That evening some of the Peeps and Dawn and I went to see HouseBunny...the saving grace of the movie outing was that I a) had a two for one coupon, b) the peeps were in fine comedic form and c) Deb R. gives really great hugs.
Friday. An interesting evening. Macy and I danced around to the tunes of Bob Marley in the living room. I had liquid barley for dinner (forgot to eat, strangely enough).
Saturday was a day of action. I was fired up. I painted the deck. I did a layout of the PEI Escape from Reality. I napped and walked the hound. And Saturday night Dawn and I went to the Wick in Berwick to catch a live music show. Sunday the energy continued (I say, go for it and milk the energy for all it is worth) and I cleaned out the basement. I mean, really cleaned. Vacuumed, even. Boxed up yard sale crap and preserving jars to post on FreeCycle. Tossed old magazines into the recycling bin. Consolidated boxes of stuff. Labelled them. Put all my tools to rights. Finally found my paper piercer that I KNEW I had. Perhaps a physical manifestation of the emotional processing I had done earlier in the week. Clean it up and get it OUT. Then I took the hound for a walk and took a nice nap. Tim came over for dinner and we shared the best bottle of wine I have had in a long time ( A cab/sav/shiraz blend: Signos; Argentina). Jane phoned from SC and we are planning a visit for November!
And now it is Monday and it is September and it is raining out. No Labour for me today. I shall nap and create and walk the dog and eat leftover steak and curried cauliflower and blueberry crisp.



4 comments:
I wish I had your energy!!! I want to clean it OUT here too!!! can't wait to try the wine & do you have a recipe for the curried cauliflower??? happy day Taryn!
Only one Word to say and borrowed from a special lady we do not know but adore...GO!
WOW! I started up all pepped out this weekend too...put I ran out of pep. Where do you find it...hmm, that nap thing seems like a good investment...maybe I can sneek a nap in my new scrap nook (no haven't been creative yet...)
Jo
It is raining here too!!!! Wish I had that left over steak! Sounds delish.
Post a Comment