Just a quickie...1. I had my mammies grammied for the first time this week (this due to a sign in my Dr.'s office that said: If you are over 40, schedule a mammogram. My Dr. unfortunately confirmed that being 40 makes me over 40, godammit) and it wasen't too bad! I was pleasantly surprised, actually. No Pain. The nurse was really nice and professional and the whole process from walk in off the street to walking back out the door took 40 minutes. So ladies, if you have been putting this act off due to the stories you have heard, forgeddabout it. Just do it.
2. Evelyne and I travelled to Dartmouth yesterday to visit our friend Audrey and her new baby boy Ethan. I neglected to take a picture! What a cutie patootie. And he thought I was hilarious. It was great to see Audrey-she and I met when we were working in the meat plant. She was a vet. Evelyne and I treated ourselves to lunch at Pizza Planet on the way.
3. QMS sucks. This is a process where a file I created at work goes under scrutiny, and when one expects great things because you thought you had done a good job (despite being off your rocker) but there is more "constructive criticism" than you anticipated...well, it sucks. The good thing was I had a champion in my supervisor (he backed me up during the melee) and the next day we were able to filter the comments sans pressure-inducing panel setting and I learned from the experience. Of course is was the emotional filter that was wreaking havoc and a lot of the battle was in my brain not on the table (I had visions of me standing up and saying things like, "If I left, you people would be in BIG TROUBLE") so there was no actual bloodshed or swearing, but all that negative energy was building and that is no fun. My stuff, not theirs, but godammit it is frustrating when you feel you are not being heard!
4. Bermuda Jenn is coming to spend Thanksgiving with me :) Must buy red wine.....
5. I had some kick-ass moves in FaceBook scrabble games this week.



4 comments:
Kick Ass 'anything' is good...I think my BC Homework is pretty Kick Ass! Yeah YOU! Yeah ME!
Taryn,
I do not miss those days of #3...I still get evaluated at home more than I like though!!! & not to be outdone by Myleta...my homework is pretty kickass too LOL!!!! find some goodnees in you week!!!!
Goodness coming soon...after my kick Ass interview Thursday :)
Thanks for my little package (got it yesterday).
They would be in trouble if you weren't there. I wish to scream that everyday. Maybe soon...
JO
I don't know what to say.....can you believe it? I am commentless. But at least I am checking in!!!
Post a Comment