Her plane finally arrived after delay after delay and Macy and I went to the airport in the middle of the night. Have you ever watched, I mean really watched, people coming through the arrivals gate and being met by family and friends? It really is amazing-the anticipation, the dread, the welcomes. Jenn was like the last person to come down the chute and it was really funny because she was behind this group of older Japanese women and they were toddling along and we could see each other over this sea of small people...I was reminded of the Lollipop Guild and almost laughed out loud. After getting back to Kentville, we stayed up until 3am drinking wine and catching up :)
Saturday we went to the market and then set about making pies. Paulette, you are right. Success is in the lard. We made 4: 2 apple, 2 pumpkin. Why so many? We had been invited to share Thanksgiving dinner with Jill et al at Keji the next day and we said we would bring pie. It was a REALLY nice day and we had a great day in the park followed by a thoroughly enjoyable meal. I have no pics yet-Jenn was the photographer that day.
On to Monday. We cooked a turkey. And it was good. Friends had been invited to share the Thanksgiving feast and share we did. Tim and Jenn and Sonia and Gerry (neighbours) to later include Evelyne and Paul and the girls and Jean for dessert. The girls got quite a reception from Macy full of cuddles and kisses. And since I now have a rubbermaid box in the basement labelled (yes, labelled...the basement is more organized than a library) "Toys for Little Visitors", they were quite happy to dive into that and the adults indulged in pie and conversation.
All in all, a fabulous holiday weekend.
PS-Yes, I voted on Tuesday. I get to vote again today. Municipal election. GO LARRY!
PSS-The votes are in...the colours of the season win the favourite thing about fall poll.



2 comments:
Oh yeah, LARD... and I had a friend ask me "how do you justify pies in healthy eating"? (pause)..."there's fruit in it"? What more can I say, It's in my blood!!!! Sounds like a "full of eating" weekend Taryn, just the way Thanksgiving should be!!!Happy day:o)
Mmm, them pies look good! Might get inspired to make a few of my own. I seem to be on this Betty Crocker-Martha Stewart-Harvest kick. Don't know who will be eating all these preserves but I feel mother-earthish by perserving her bounties.
love
Jo
Post a Comment