Sunday, October 26, 2008

Last Sunday in October ???


Where did this month shuffle off to, anyhow? Seemed to go really fast. This picture was taken on the first Saturday in October...it is a shot of the beach we ended up at during our morning walk at Paulette's cottage. That was such an awesome weekend!

Last week started and ended with live music. Deb and I went to the City on Sunday to take in the Lenny Kravitz concert and we were not disappointed! He is a revolutionary, to be sure. Born in Brooklyn, NY. At the end of a rousing rendition of American Woman, he says, "when I play that song in the US, they (go crazy). They don't realize it is a protest song!" Oh, but that man is SMOOTH. And then last night I went to the pub to take in a little bit of Frayed Knot and stayed for the first set. It was sort of a Halloween party and there were some great costumes (An Austin Powers complete with purple velvet dinner jacket) and some creepy costumes (one older woman dressed as an Elf).

Monday continued with a Halifax theme as the Book Club met at Melissa's place in the city. A great time was had by all, as usual. Melissa was a great hostess and our challenge is that we were each presented with a brand new clipboard to alter. I have an idea for mine already :)
Yoga was great on Wednesday and Thursday I went to physio for a treatment for my case of TMJ. Heat and whatever that shocking thing is....I had a little nap! And then Chris did his manipulating...the daily headaches are fewer (and to think I thought it was normal to have a headache everyday...I was just grateful for the fact I didn't have migraines!) and we are working at loosening and lengthening the muscles in my neck. Friday I volunteered at Centrestage as an usher (you get to see the show for free this way) and enjoyed it very much. Good to see old friends and the play was great.

Yesterday cleaning of the house was on tap. I started with cleaning out the fireplace. After taking all the ashes out, I proceeded to clean the glass. Imagine my surprise when I found a half-incinerated BAT at the top of it! The poor creature looked like he had wedged himself up under the lip of the door because what was not charred still had fur. It was quite a sobering discovery for a girl who captures spiders in the house and sets them free outdoors (earwigs do get squished, however). And then it was out to the yard to deal with the leaves. I got a lot accomplished (14 bags) and enjoyed the amazing weather day.

So that brings me to the last Sunday in October...a day of relaxation. I'm of to the Barn first thing to pick up supplies to finish a project I am sending away and then Macy and I will have Big Walk and then we'll take a Big Nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fall rocks! I love your pic of the shore. Had a cleaning session of our own. Even got Marc in on the plot. Getting ourselves ready for the season ahead!!

Jo

Just Plain Happy said...

Yes, it is clean up the outdoors time for us too! we, scratch that, I raked leaves all last weekend. We put all of the garden furniture away as well. This weekend we will be cutting wood, next year's supply. Keep up the bag count! Love checking out the new 'things' on your blog.