Here it is the Sunday before C'Mas and I have lots to do. Today is a wrapping day! A crazy week is coming up so I need to stay focused. There is something happening every night this week. At least all the mail is mailed, the baking done and the list gets smaller every day. Still have 2 gifts to buy, but I know what they are and I know where to get them.
Besides C'Mas prep, I have been busy adjusting to the new job. It has been a challenge. The work is going to be good once things get going but the training is proving to be a little painful. I got together with a few friends the other night who all work at the Station and I realized how disconnected I have been feeling because I don't get to see them very often. So I was glad for the opportunity to see them and get caught up :)
That is what the season is for me. Spending time with people. I'm still not a huge C'Mas fan, largely due to the commercial crap, but I have discovered I can control the info that comes in a little bit: the CBC has no ads, the TV isn't on all the time, and if you have a list, the shopping can be minus the mall madness.
Speaking of madness, the Hound has just got up and she would like to be guided around the neighbourhood. She's got "that look".



3 comments:
With that look, you would expect a cookie to magically levitate to her mouth! Love the picture!
Too cute, Taryn! The looks Tommy comes up with are so darned funny sometimes. The question is...did you share any of those cookies with Macy?
not one cookie baked this year but a whole lot of cuddling & swaddling going on... thank goodness it comes every year :O) I'm sure you shared a cookie or two with that look! Happy new year tonight Taryn!
Post a Comment