Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer Lovin'

So here we are on the morning after our wedding soaking up the rays in Marilyn and Ron's backyard. They hosted a lovely Brunch for us and Vicki Gaul took some amazing pics of the event. Trish is busy, busy , busy so we have yet to see the wedding photos, but I am sure they are spectacular! It took me a while to not miss being a Bride, I have to admit! But, according to my mother-in-law, one is a bride for a year.....

We are lovin' the summer. Troy is busy with the business and I am busy with adjusting to married life. I started running again this spring and have managed to continue and I have pulled out the bike a few times to get to work. We are in the midst of redecorating the bedroom...the prep work is done and the paint has been purchased and we found a new light fixture (thank you for the gift cards, Cathy and Marlene and Don and Angela!) so hopefully by the end of this weekend we'll be sleeping in a Benjamin Moore "Sisal" atmosphere!

So we have been attending Kentville United Baptist Church since January and have decided we quite like it there. Pastor John performed our wedding ceremony. He manages to come up with sermons that make us think and have discussions about. And sometimes he nails things right on the head for me. He is using Proverbs for daily living illustrations. Last week it was about communication, this week it was about conflict resolution. Which is really appropriate for me to use at work right now. Pause. Hit the pause button. My new mantra.

My other mantra? Enjoy summer. Soak up the warmth of the sun for those inevitable dark days ahead. A few people I know are experiencing dark days right now...they are in my thoughts.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pause and enjoy summer...great advice all round.

xo
Myleta

Anonymous said...

Pause...
ctl, alt, delete!

Thanks your your sunshinny spirit. You know you make a lot of people feel so good with your words.

Hoping summer lasts extra long this year.


Jo