Saturday, July 10, 2010

We Took A Big Bite Out of the Big Apple

New York. Left. Me. Breathless.

I can't even describe how incredible it was. The people, the architecture, the food, the smells, the signs....I was totally gobsmacked.

We squeezed as much as we could out of our honeymoon adventure. We were ready to come home on our last day (sensory overload), but we are going back for sure.

The highlights included:
  • an insiders tour of the UN (Troy's friend Llye works there and we met him for lunch)
  • a (free) 3.5 hour walking tour of Greenwich Village, Chinatown, Little Italy and SOHO that also had a "learn to ride the subway" component (courtesy of Big Apple Greeters-an amazing program! We had to sign up for this a few months ago),
  • Top of the Rock observatory: saw NYC at night up here...it brought me to tears.
  • the Empire State Building
  • a day in Central Park
  • purchasing my Coach wallet at Macy's and buying out an Ann Taylor store
  • Troy's visit to the NYSE (not allowed to go in anymore since 911 but you can see the building) and touching "The Bull"
  • a ride on the (free) Staten Island Ferry to sail past Lady Liberty
  • the Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History
  • seeing the Chrysler Building
  • getting a Subway ride out of Grand Central Station
  • a fancy dinner at Becco on our last night
  • random conversations with New Yorkers (they are SO FRIENDLY! I'm not kidding!)
  • Mama Mia!
So many things to do and see...regrettably, we didn't make it to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (closed on Mondays...we found that out AFTER we got there) nor were we able to take the cruise around Manhattan...next time!

Check out the video of the subway at the end of this post.

We honeymooned in New York City. I love saying that!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to here NY and your honeymoon was everything you hoped it would be! TFS!
Myleta

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds so fabulous.

Anonymous said...

:)



Jo

Amy said...

You DID Honeymoon in NY...how chique! Great post Taryn...love the pics! I'm so happy you both had such a great time!
Love,
Amy xo