Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sunday Mutterings



See these leaves? They have all finally made it into one of 40 bags of leaves collected from our yard this year. I went out (clad only in... get this.....a long-sleeved tee shirt....in the latter part of November) yesterday in the gorgeous sunshine and raked the side yard. It took almost 3 hours, but it is done. Whew. And then my neighbour told me last night that he has purchased a leafsuckingmulcher machine. THAT is what I need. The good thing is that this morning whe I woke up I had sore muscles and it was a good sign that they had been used.

Anyhow.

So yesterday I was in the grocery store, and I happened to see a family picking up a beautiful arrangement from the in-house florist. A man, and a couple of older kids. I am sure there is no connection, but I had this overwhelming sense of sympathy for the family of a woman whose body was positively identified as that of a missing person from our area. I have thought more than once this week about her children and what a crappy Christmas this is going to be for them....these things should not happen to anyone, let alone kids. So in the midst of your holiday celebrations this year, please keep in mind it isn't always a happy time for some folks and send a few positive thoughts into the universe. Someone might just need them.

1 comment:

Just Plain Happy said...

Thanks, Taryn, for that reminder. Sometimes we get caught up in our own celebrations and forget those who have little to celebrate. I will be sending positive thoughts into the universe for 'peace' within families, communities, countries and worldwide.