Remember that show a long time ago called Live it Up? It had a segment where one could air a pet peeve. Well, this is my show, and this is What Bugs Me:
Tim Horton's has these awesome travel cups for sale in their stores for the low, low price of 3$. And your first cup of coffee in it is free. Dandy. I'm on the road a lot and it struck me one afternoon on the way back from Bridgewater one day this fall that it might be the responsible thing for me to do (besides the fact that a coffee is 10 cents cheaper per cup if you bring your own cup). The next time I do through the drive thu: I pull up to the speaker, tell them I have a cup, they ask me what I want in it, I pull up to the window, give the chick my cup. She takes my money and then pours a large coffee from a regular take away cup into my enviromug AND PROMPTLY THROWS THE TAKE AWAY CUP INTO THE GARBAGE!!!! I'm flaberghasted and say, "Uh...I thought it was the point of the mug to reduce garbage?" And she says, "That is the way we were taught to do it". Oh.
Can you imagine.
Friday, November 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yep, Tarin, I CAN imagine! AND what bugs Me is TIM HORTON'S in general. Well, maybe I can't blame the chain for all the COFFEE CUP totin' people I meet in grocery stores, video stores, walking on sidewalks and for ALL the 'TH' litter I see around. I drink coffee but it doesn't mean I have to litter or walk around awkwardly trying to NOT spill coffee on myself, or prevent me from helping people hold doors open because I only have ONE HAND! Thanks for letting me'spill my beans'!
See you tomorrow night!
Myleta
Post a Comment