
Last night we travelled to Digby to go to the Baptist Church to attend the Christmas Cantata with Troy's grandfather.
Through miscomminication, I found out around 3:30 that we would be going and would be leaving the house at 4:30. I had, of course, reserved last evening to do my "stuff" for bookclub (which is, of course, tonight) and to scale the giant mountain of laundry in our bedroom. I was a little cranky. However, I knew it would make Gramp happy to have us there, so I put my big girl panties on and got in the truck.
It did make him really happy. He saved the front row for all of us and beamed like a little kid. This was the first year this 90 year old man was sitting in the congregation instead of the choir, and I think his family being there made it a little more bearable for him.
So a little lesson for me last night. No, I didn't get my pages for bookclub done. No, I didn't get the treat made that I wanted to take to Paulette's house as a pseudo C'Mas card for the members of the bookclub. No, I didn't get the laundry done. But what I did get was a hug and look that said, "I am so glad you are here".
And a reminder to stop and pay attention to what is really important.
PS-This photo of Olie was taken last Christmas morning. He sure got a kick out of that shoehorn.



1 comment:
Thanks for sharing and a reminder of the important things in life . The treats you had planned didn't matter, it is 'your special presence' and sharing in a wonderful evening of food, friendship and comraderie that is important. It was a MOST memorable evening!
Post a Comment