Saturday, December 23, 2006

Today is Tib's Eve





Today is Tib's Eve. What the heck is that, you say? The day before Christmas Eve day is known as Tib's Eve in Newfoundland. This I learned from me friend Jenn many moons and suns ago..she and her man Nick are spending Christmas in Cuba this year.

A few pics from around our house this season: our tree (this year the cocktail of choice whilst putting up the tree was the Madras), the snowmen on our mantle, and the snowfamily on top of the fridge in the kitchen.

Went to the pub last night for our annual C'Mas gathering (go to the pub...nothing for anyone to get ready, nothing for anyone to clean up...it rocks)...we had a big table in front of the fireplace. Tim, Kim, Deb, Jean, Jackie, Larry, Jeff, Shane and Troy...so great to spend time with you all! I love how we do this every year :)

A busy day today...groceries to buy, house to clean, pressie to finish, squares to make, and kid to spend time with. My friend Evelyne has (get this....) pneumonia and she is just exhausted (sleeping in a lazy boy will do that...). So, I am going to take her 4 year old for a few hours this afternoon and have a Big Girl Day so Evelyne and her hubby (who is also sick...but with another bug) can have a real nap when their baby Olivia goes down for her nap.

Oh by the way....bookclub was GREAT. We went to Paulette's house and a good time was had by all. My my, but aren't they a talented group of girls....and SUCH a great group to spend time with. Check out this list of gifts: a wonderful holiday mini-clipboard from Josee and Jill, a sweet little pkg of chocolate dressed up with a charm from Debbie, a really cute giant clothepin (think standing it up on its end and using the pinchy end to hold a photo) dressed up with snowman paper and jingle bell from Paulette and Ria, a pretty treatbag of homemade biscoitti (I'm a writer, not a speller) from Gayle, and an ornament made out of two microscope slide stuck together with glitter in an amazing little gift bag from Myleta and Amy. Thanks, you guys....you are all wonderfully unique in your own ways and I am SO GLAD to be part of Pages of 8+2!

Myleta and Jill and Gisela...I am really enjoying your posts on your blogs! However, I am having trouble leaving comments....but rest assured I am reading faithfully!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me TOO!
Me too! To the Book Club comments, second it! on an amazing group of talented women! Aren't we all so lucky to have met in this format and made such strong friendships and the gifts were so nice too! including your treat bag ,Tarin! I munched on mine the other night while sipping eggnog+rum and watching Lethal Weapon One- you know the movie with Mel Gibson's butt!

Me Too! on not being to post comments BUT I do check in daily!

Thanks for sharing Tib's Eve! Didn't know that.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

so... I am not the only one having trouble posting comments...thanks for the info on Tib's evening!... read the Littlest Angel in front of the fireplace this am...the book is showing its age (52 yrs!!)Merry Christmas. Love, mom