Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Chilly Willy Day

BRRRRRRRR! It was some cold on my morning stroll with Macy today. I have been awake since 5:15...I could have got up, but was enjoying the comfort of my HEATED matress pad (Thank you Tina, for your awesome gift!). Once the alarm goes off, the dog says it is time to get up. And of course knowing there is a pot of coffee brewing (thank you, Phillips for automatic timers!) makes it a little easier.

Went to Two Much Fun (for the second night in a row) last night for one of their awesome make n' take nights. We created two scrapbook pages, two cards, two mini books, a clothespin clip and a calendar (whew!). You outdid yourself, Paulette. Joline, I wish you were able to come to one of these with me....so cool. Monday night was bookclub night and boy oh boy did we laugh! SO glad I took you up on your invitation so long ago, Ria! Poor Myleta took some ribbing, but she is such a great sport she laughed right along with us. We had a blast. Thank you, girls...

So, my virtue for the day is "cooperation". A good one as I have been working on an audit with a team of three others. For those of you not in the know, Debbie and Gail hosted bookclub Monday night and brought us each a box of virtues patterned after "The Virtues Project" (do a search on google...I don't have the website). You can draw a card and contemplate the virtue on it and try to apply it to your life that day. So the afirmation that goes with cooperation is: I am cooperative, I respect the rules, I work and play well with others and I keep myself and others safe. Safe to me also means being kind and not too nasty when I want to give people "the look"...or keeping the environment safe emotionally.

Whoa-such heavy thoughts first thing in the morning....what the heck is in this coffee?????

No comments: