
My puppy is such a funny girl...here she is in her Muttlucks. Notice the ear down position and the furrowed brow! I have to say, the second time we put them on it went much better (she stood still) and I got them on so they didn't fall off. They are protecting her from the masive amounts of salt the road crews sem to be putting on the street these days.She sounds like a little horse running on the pavement. She isn't pleased that she does not have any traction in the snow, however! I hope they are beneficial...they were not cheap.
Had a great weekend...my gal pal Jenn was here for a visit enroute from NFLD to Bermuda (she lives in Bermuda...she was over to NFLD to visit her mom) and we had a grand old time. Laughed a lot :) I just love that when we came out of the movie theatre after watching Dreamgirls that she started singing about how maybe we should find a bottle of wine to go with dinner and I sang back that we were OK and the liquor store was not open anyhow....how great is it to have a friend from long ago with whom you can just be yourself?
We went to Deb's on Friday night for cocktails and what an amazing evening. Wine and food parings to die for...my fave was the first glass of champagne. Saturday I had rehearsal (my contribution this week: pasta salad from Pete's Frootique) all day and Saturday evening we went to Evelyne's for a book party. Fun time all around. Sunday was spent browsing in Wolfville (yes, we stopped for spicy hot chocolate!!!) and then we went to Dreamgirls (OK movie...was not expecting a musical, but that is what it was esentially). Sunday night we had our very own mini-superbowl party (ie-Troy went to the store for chips and we had beer in the fridge...he was so pooped from being in a hockey tourney this week that it was all he could muster the energy for). Great hosts, huh? It was just great to just hang out! The animals love Auntie Jenn-Zeut couldn't get enought of her snuggles and Macy got picked up when she started to do the whole three-legged hop when she was cold during a walk around the block.
So glad you came, Jenn....see you at Blossom!



2 comments:
I am thinking we will have to get a pair of those booties for Tommy. He is minding the cold more this year than ever. He will just stop walking and lie down-not good! I love hearing your friend story, it warms me on a cold winter evening!
I can remember your amazement on learning of some of my friendships that have spaned over 50 years ....seems to me you are building your own ... isn't it great!! mom
Post a Comment