Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday Synopsis

Sunday night. Where exactly did the weekend go, anyhow?

I did manage to come up with something for the pot luck...a brown rice salad thingy....it wasen't bad. And I whipped to the grocery store on Saturday morning to get a loaf of poppyseed and onion bread to go with it. I had an hair appointment on Satuday morning and then went to the theatre....get this...they decided to break early and there were all sitting there with full plates when I got there. Needless to say, I went home with LOTS of freaking salad. So all that stress for nothing. Serves me right.

Kudos to my guy for getting the groceries Saturday (I HATE going grocery shopping and my time was very limited)....

I saw TWO great movies this weekend. Troy and I went to see Blood Diamond Saturday night and it was really good. Not a very uplifting story, but a good story and an eye opening one, at that. Some parts were hard to watch. And it generated lots of discussion for the drive home (an subsequent comments the next day whenever an ad about diamonds came on...). And then this afternoon, I went to the Acadia theatre to see Snow Cake. An excellent film. Check it out here:
http://www.snowcakemovie.co.uk It is a Sundance film about the friendship between an autistic woman and a man who is a little lost. Some wonderful scenes about looking at things in different ways and acceptance and redemption.

PS-You HAVE TO try the Spicy Hot Chocolate at the Just Us cafe in Wolfville...bliss in a cup...and you get to choose if you want dark or milk chocolate......heaven. 'Way better than Minwax, Myleta (sorry, could not resist!).

Bookclub tomorrow night and Make 'n Take Tuesday night...poor Troy...when I told him what I was up to those two eveings, he said, "Isn't that (the make n' take) the same thing?" I think I'll use that one the next time he is watching hockey or tennis or football or golf....why watch them all in a row? Aren't they the same thing????

No comments: