Thursday, January 11, 2007

Damn Ramada...







So I finally got online.I am in the hotel lounge right now (my laptop is actually on my laptop!) since it is the only place I am able to use a LAN line. It is only wireless in my room and since my Administrator deactivated all capability in that arena, I am stuck with dial-up. But I was told by the resident techy that I could connect in the lounge (he is so funny...he is running around trying to solve the world's troubles with sweat on his pudgy white brow...so eagar to please...I can't help but change my attitude. I thought this hotel sucked until this guy tried to make it all better). So bonus...I am here with a nice, cold beer as well as my internet (who knew I would have become so...so...flaming into it).

Trip to was uneventful (Yes Mom... I left my knife at home this time). I love travelling on the plane...so many people to watch...so many thoughts I want to capture. Hotel is OK...it isn't the Crown (my fave hotel right now), but it is OK and close to the office.

Guelph is a nice place. We went downtown the first afternoon and had lunch at a nice Irish Pub. I had dinner with my father that night (really too bad you were not able to come, bro)and since then I have been to Shakespeare's (you are right, Tim...great place) and Cagney's (nice dinner there...that is where the pic was taken). The town has a nice old feel downtown and is only a short bus ride away and the University is across the street.

Can't believe I did this, but I actually went for a run on a REALLY COLD day Tuesday. That would be the third of three runs for Week One, but I am going to do another before I try week 2 since the days have not been equal in between.

Course has been good...it has been really well organized and had some pretty cool exercises (better ones than in Calgary, Darlene). Met some new folks and caught up with others I have not seen since the last course...done some networking. We went to a rendering plant today to complete an exercise...the pic is of the team I was on:Ray in the middle works in Truro and Greg works in my office. The rendering plant was really interesting and not too stinky as it has an air scrubber. I have to do a presentation on our findings in the morning and then it is back to NS in the afternoon.

I love the town or Elora. Let me tell you why: We drove through this town today and stopped at the Tim's for coffee. We then go to Rothsay, do our thing, I go to the car to get rid of my boots, open my bag and realize THERE IS NO WALLET. I LEFT IT IN THE CAN AT TIM'S IN ELORA(insert panicked look here). CRAP, CRAP, CRAP. We went back to the Tim's on the way to lunch and would you believe, some kind soul found it sitting there, lonely and alone on the top of the TP dispenser, and gave it to the staff to give to me when I finally realized what a dumb ass I was and came back to find it. The cash was still in it. I really would not have cared if the money was gone...I just didn't want to lose my Two Much Fun Card.

So now I need to Pay it Forward...do a good deed as was done to me. Thank you, kind soul.

Back to NS tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it good to be the recepient of integrity....I saw this happen when a distraught elderly woman retrieved her purse at the Service Desk at a superstore just a couple of days before Christmas. mom

Just Plain Happy said...

The same thing has happened to me TWICE! Once Christmas shopping in Halifax, it was returned to the bookstore counter I was shopping in AND once a long time ago in St. John, NB. The clerk actually came running out of the store to the car to return it! An exercise in believing in the good of mankind!Thanks for sharing AND you should be doing reviews of some kind! Love to read what you write!