I finally got back to yoga last night and it was SO GOOD. I didn't realize how much I missed it (althougth my body will start to protest this evening...the soreness always happens the next evening for some reason). I even heard the ocasional grunt of pleasure escape my lips as I "found" a pose.
You see, I made a choice this fall. Get back into Tim's fitness classes (both monday and wednesday nights...in an effort to pull a Jann Arden...have you seen her lately?????) and scratch yoga (which now happens on Wednesdays as well). And consequently, I start to get tight in places. Have old pains return. My hip has been killing me. I think I have figured it out: no yoga since the spring + not wearing my orthodics in my rubber boots at work everyday (remember? I got a new job this past spring)= trouble. My body has become mis-aligned.
Funny enough, the theme for this week's class was alignment! And how when things are out of alignment (wether it be the muscles and bones of our bodies or the elements of our lives), things are "off". Whoa. I am SO GLAD I made a different choice this semester: Tim's class on Mondays, yoga on Wednesdays. And of course, the running :) Still on week one, but managing to run at least 2x week. I would like to get three in in one week before I move to podcast #2.
So I finally got to use some Family Related Leave ( I have never been able to as Macy or Zeut apparently do not fit the definition of family as far as my benefits through work are concerned, but since Troy and I have been sharing a home for a year, he now is "family") yesterday afternoon...poor boy was SICK SICK SICK. Suffice to say we went to emerg. He is OK, just dehydrated. The doc (who was great....Dr.Wilke) said, "you are ofically sick". When he falls, he falls hard. The fever, aches, nausea and pain kicked his butt. He was so sick he couldn't even bear to watch SportsDesk yesterday morning when he was on the couch (he had spent 18 hrs in bed up until that point). He is on the upswing, I think. I hope I don't get it. Likely, I know, but I am hoping I don't.
Dissapointed there was no Bookclub Monday night (damn snow)....I even had my pages done! However, I still have not decided on a word (those of you who follow Ali Edward's blog or the blogs of two of the bookclub girls will know what the heck I am talking about).
Rehearsal has been going well for the play...will certainly take a fair chunk of time out of my life...but it is SO much fun. The cast rocks and we have some good laughs. Teresa is an awesome director and Heather is a great stage manager (very well organized and on top of things).
Can you believe how cold it has been? Poor Macy-she doesn't even want to go out to pee! I took her to the Farm (puppy day care) yesterday and Christine said she could not get her to go outside for a walk...she didn't "hurry up" all day! She has a hard time finding the "perfect spot" since the snow came (to deep to get a god squat in, apparently). Jill, I amagettin me dog a pair of Muttlucks!
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Guess we just have to listen to our bods...right!! mom
Post a Comment