Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday Stammerings


I love this time of day. Quiet. Just me, my coffee and a humming computer.


Macy had a "free pass" last night (meaning she was allowed to sleep on the bed) so when I got up this morning she did too and needed to go "hurry up". So we bundled up and went for a cruise around the block. Let me tell you.... it is freakin' cold out there. Apparently, it is -23 with the wind chill. No run today! I just love our neighbourhood...quiet, safe, familiar. The house around the other side of the block finally sold...I wonder who will move in?

So kudos to Josee for creating her blog...seems you have inspired another, Myleta! First thing I do in the morning (AFTER getting a cup of coffee) is go through the blog list in my faves: Ali, Happy Stamper, Paper Memories and now We Live in Harmony!

A wierd week this week. Seemed to move slower than molasses. Things are a bit topsy turvey at work due to the fact that a member of our team is moving onto greener pastures (I am really glad for you, Darlene...honest!) and I am working on an audit with three other people (hard to schedule folks) and I am working on my own "unclosed" inspections and still trying to learn what I need to learn...whew. Things seemed a whole lot simpler in the slaughter plant: get up, go to work, look at a few chickens, come home. Don't get me wrong...I am thankful to have my new job...it is just that when a shift was done, the work was done and there was none of this carrying of work over weeks and months. Things just got done. There was a sense of "completeness" to the day. Now I am simply "working on things". I was able to cross something off my "to do" list Thursday and let me tell you what a thrill that was (Ali's blog is about lists today, BTW...I am totally a list girl). There was no trying to slot yourself into the netherworld of keeping operations and programs in a "happy place"...policy, always policy to consider regardless of what the practicalities of operations demands. Sigh. I am just trying to find my way.

Rehearsal is going well....oh crap. I was supposed to do my bio this week. Better send Heather an email. We are doing potluck for lunches on Saturdays...stressing me out a bit as I am now forced to think on Friday nights (the custom is to come home after work, go to the pub for dinner, chill with my guy, come home, chill on the couch, go to bed). Now, i have to
a) think of somethind good to take
b) figure out what I need to get
c) scramble to get the stuff I need (which is hard when it is the end of the week and grocery day is the next day and the cupboard is bare)
d) get up and make it before I leave the house for 9.
I ran into Save Easy last night at 8:55 (they close at 9) like a mad woman...came out with brown rice and green onions.....what the hell am I going to make with that????? I just can't seem to get myself together to get "into" the Saturday potluck thing.

Speaking of which...I need to go try to create something...it is 8:00.

No comments: