Sunday, March 04, 2007

On this side of the Moon


I hope some of you got to see some of the lunar eclipse last night, because it was really beautiful. I saw it as I was going in to the theatre last night (I am thankful I remembered to look up). Apparently, if some of you experienced some strange feelings or periods yeaterday, it could be attribued to the moon phase as (according to Susan Miller-see the link in my "cool sites" list) as last night's event could be alikened to three full moons at once. Reading Susan Miller's astrology site is a trip. She is sometimes scarily accurate. Thankfully, Mercury is almost out of retrograde. THANK GOODNESS. It has been a bit of a rough one for me. The star forcast is nice for March.

Troy went to the city yesterday afternoon with "the band" to have a major jam session and to watch a pay-per-view of an Ultimate Fighting Championship....suffice to say they planned on staying in the city 'cause none of them expected to be able to drive home. I can just imagine the chaos. I hope he was able to blow off some steam: he's been more than a little stressed out lately.

Before he left, we got a start on the things we need to do to get ready for our 2nd energy audit on Tuesday. I wrapped ALL of the joints in the heating system in the basement with aluminum tape (filthy work, but gratifying) thus replacing the rotten masking tape that had been used before. Troy added extra insulation in the area between the basement wall and the floor joists. I attempted to seal two basement windows with those window insulation kits. Attempted. He then left for the city, and I cleaned the house, went and got groceries and then went on stage. I was going to go to the pub for a nip but decided against it. Macy got a "free pass" and she and I went to bed after watching a bit of the boob tube (watched Nip/Tuck...I had forgotten how much I liked that show).

So the pic with this post was taken last week at the Blomidon Inn in Wolfville where we celebrated Troy's parents' 40th anniversary. 40! It was a really nice evening. I really admire this couple. Hard to put into words why, but they ooze respect for one another and their family and live a good life. Together.

1 comment:

Just Plain Happy said...

Hey, Taryn! I did look up! We were at the cabin and it was very cool to see. Thanks for the book,I loved it even when it tore my heart to pieces. I LOVE a good read! Thanks!