Sigh.
Holiday weekend over. Time to jump into what will for sure be a busy week. I am acting in the agricultural officer position again (for the next month...possibly longer) so there will lots to keep me hoppin' not to mention the fact that I still have my own work to do.
So that is why I took it super easy this weekend. Almost done that huge gargatuan book (OK-so I am skipping most of the politcal stuff about the revolution..is it really that important to the stories about Jamie, Claire et al?). I did get the housework done including the "major item" of cleaning the light fixtures (wheeee!) and the laundry but took it pretty slow for the rest of the time. Naps included. It was a stick by the fire kind of weekend what with all the freakin' SNOW. That is why the pic with this post is from last year around this time...no otside sprtingy Easter pics THIS year!
Went to dinner in Middleton on Sunday and enjoyed time with Troy's family. Marilyn made a wonderful dinner (as usual!) and it included a beautiful birthday cake for me :) Thank you, Martha Stevenson!
Macy was pretty much in her glory for the whole time. She got to sleep on the bed (!) Sunday night and we went for walks and visited her favourite little people (my friend Evelyne's kids).
Troy was pretty busy with work stuff so he was in the office most of the weekend, but did come out for the big hockey game Saturday night. We walked down to "our local" to watch part of the game (note to self and others: do not order the Blueberry Ale. Ick.) and got covered in snow.
I could not believe it when I woke up to all that snow on Sunday AND Monday. Anyone know how much we got in total? I know it was 30cm on Sunday.
Good news...Macy and I report that it is quite mild this morning. Tim, your poem is particularly appropriate after the weather we had this weekend.



1 comment:
Birthday cake??? I missed that landmark! Happy Belated Birthday! Taryn! Glad to hear you had a relaxing weekend. See you at BC.
Post a Comment