
Here it is, the Saturday in between Good Friday and Easter Monday. I realized as I was half asleep last night on the couch that the next say was ONLY Saturday and there was still lots of weekend left. Yay!
Yesterday was Glorious. Just puttered about for the most part (got out the Spring purse, cleaned off my desk, etc), went for a run (I have finished week 3...), took a nap, read and drank tea, played with the dog, took the dog for a walk, made meatloaf for dinner. After the clean-up, Troy, Macy and I went to the DQ drive thru to get sundaes (and a kid's cone for the dog...you can imagine her delight) to eat whilst watching a movie (Hollywoodland-good movie-not prepared for the ending). Bliss.
I am halfway through the Firery Cross. Good read....Claire and Jamie suck me into the swirl everytime! Those of you who are familiar with this feeling of time travel know what I mean! Only one more book in this series after this one, I think. Mom, you wanted to know what I thought of Tuesdays with Morrie? It was a good read, but I didn't feel the ah-ha moments folks have raved about. I think I was just supposed to enjoy it as a good story.
Big hockey game tonight, Jill....I think I'll use your idea of creating during that time!
Happy Easter to all of you from all of us!



2 comments:
Taryn,
You crack me up... we had the Outlander as a bookclub pick a few years ago... I proceeded to read them ALL that summer..just what my brain needed at the time I guess! ( who doesn't need a little dose of jamie every nopw and again!)
Tuesdays with Morrie is so near & dear to my heart I can only tell you this... The last few years Ria & I have been spending Tuesday mornings with my dear friend & cousin Jane, quilting. This past year she didn't do much quilting as she had lost all use of her hands to ALS...she still loved to talk quilting & we made a conserted effort to see her almost every week. She was diagnosed 6 years ago with this disease, We are the same age... 50.
She died last Monday night as she had wished... pecaefully with all of us by her side....
Oh Paulette. I feel badly for you that you have lost such a friend. I saw Ashley at the pub last week and remarked how she looked tired and she told me about Jane. How fortunate for you that you all that you had Tuesdays to be Quilting Bees together :)
Post a Comment