Monday, April 02, 2007

Oh, Joy!

So the poem to the left was sent to me by my dear friend Tim and I liked it so much I thought I would share. I thought of it when I was driving down the Valley today and saw some left-over snow. Get, be gone!

I had a wonderful afternoon yesterday. I took my new rake out in the yard and raked the whole back lawn. It took two hours and then I decided to clean out the shed and then replace the headlight bulb in the Swmp Tiger. It was just so nice to be outside. I even felt a little bit of sun on my face (for shame-I enjoyed those UV rays!).And let me tell you-there is no sweeter taste than a nice, cold Clancy's in the sun after a hard afternoon's work. The neat part was that there were lots of folks in the neighbourhood out doing yardy stuff and I heard more than once the familiar clank of beer bottles. Ahhhhhh :)

Did anyone hear the gender-specific language talk on Sometimes Why? this morning on CBC? Very interesting. Seems there is a movement to erase the use of the pronouns "he" and "she" and to use "here" or "zee" instead. People getting all riled up because they were gender neutral (I heard one person refer to themselves as an "estogen dominant being" and "here" name is Ivan)and did not want people to use gender specific language around them. An interesting angle I never brought into my conscienceness. Holy crap, I love the CBC!

1 comment:

Just Plain Happy said...

Taryn,
Thanks for sharing Tim's poem. It was a 'breath of fresh air'.

Pooh! litically correct, I say!
It is not the words but the INTENT of the words that is important.