Saturday, April 28, 2007

One little dog...one big bill


So after an enjoyable evening stampin' up at Betty's house on Monday night, I come home to Troy saying, "Macy decided to do her legs when we were away" HUH?

Me at Betty's, Troy at gym for one hour, plus Macy left alone at home not in the crate equals Macy deciding to eat her way through a box of Veet hair removal wax strips. Damn it! Called the vet after reading the package (In case of ingestion, call physician immediatley) and she was on the horn to poision control. We had to make Macy vomit. This was accomplished quite nicely with a bit of hydrogen peroxide in about 5 minutes flat. Long story short, we took her to the animal hospital at 11pm and held her while the vet (bless her) put in an IV and gave her vodka orally to counteract the triethelyne glycol Macy had in her system. She had to stay overnight, and I had to pay a big vet bill the next day. Apparently she was the belle of the office.

Moral of the story? Never leave Macy out of the crate alone in the house. Lesson learned.

6 comments:

Just Plain Happy said...

Sorry, Taryn! I am laughing at Macy's expense(IVE). I too,have ingested 'things' that aren't tasty, had to call poison control, but thank goodness didn't have to spend a night at the Vet.I am scarred for life by Minwax, I just hope Macy can get over the Veet Wax Strips.
I (sincerely) hope Macy is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

So glad your puppy is okay. After seeing the vet bill, don't you wish you were one.

Anonymous said...

Poor Macy...
I am glad she is OK and not humiliated by her escapade! I am sure the vet staff loved her.

Jill

StampinThursdays said...

Hi Taryn, I check in every once in a while (through Mom's blog) and when I saw your title I had to read on. We just had our dog to the vet, thanks to the neighbors dog and have a nice big bill now too.
I'm glad she's ok now.
Karen

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember a 2 yr old who decided to try out asa .... the doctor yelled at me because I had allowed you to crawl up on a chair, onto a cupboard, and reach in behind to find them.....so sorry to hear about Macy, but she probably will have the nicest legs in town!mom

Anonymous said...

hello....hello...is Taryn out there anywhere???? hehe