So that comment is from Josee....hmmmm...spose if she can't bug Annie she thinks she can bug me! Sorry-private dig-I read Josee's blog just a minute ago (We Live In Harmony). She's a trip. Cracks me up!
Let's see...The week in review. Mostly work (is that not sad?). I wrote an exam for a job competition on Monday (same office, higher level, more commodities. Right now I am a feed inspector...this other job is for a feed, seed and fertilizer specialist...I just want to be in the EG04 pool), met with industry in Meteghan and Yarmouth on Wednesday, met with industry in Shelburne on Thursday and spent the other two days getting caught up on email and messages for the days I was out of the office. I am acting in the officer position again , so that means I get to do all kinds of stuff on top of my real job. So I get my acting pay for the month of April (difference between my regular salary and the officer salary) yesterday..get visions of me putting it on the Visa...and quickly get a wake-up call when I open it. Let's just say the Government got a hell of a deal. Me? Not really. Oh well-I kinda like being the go to gal.
Had lunch in a nice little cafe in Shelburne...delicious brown bread rolls and seafood chowder. I have never been beyond Port Jolie so it was a new place. A nice little town but man, it must be pretty desolate in winter! All in all, we spent 12 hours on the road in two days (and let me tell you, there are parts of the drive that were pretty boring. Good thing my co-worker is a good conversationalist). I do like that aspect of my job...driving around the province to different CFIA offices and industry facilities.
Last night we went to the Ducks Unlimited fundraising dinner at the Old Orchard Inn (OK-the Old O really needs new signage) and it was kinda fun. There was a live auction and let me tell you-you get pretty paranoid about scratching an itch! They are creating a marshland walking area on the dykes in Kentville and there was a nice slide presentation about it. It is going to be REALLY nice and REALLY close to our house so that is a bonus. 1.2 km of trail with suspension bridge over the Cornwallis (yes! So you can inhale the stench and watch the mud slide by!) and interpretive and waterfowl viewing platforms (Speaking of waterfowl, there was a mallard duck and his woman taking a break in our neighbour's pool yesterday morning). I had my eye and a few bids on a leather carry-all in the silent auction, but I was outbid. I stopped my bid at 100 ducks..err..bucks.
Thank you so much for all of your Macy good wishes...she has fully recovered (she was fully recovered when she got back home) and is as comical as ever. Her foreleg hair is growing back quite nicely and she is no worse for wear. She has learned the old "lift their arms up with my nose and maybe they will pet me or rub my ears trick."
Creatively, I've done squat. Well, I did make a thank you card for the vet but it only took 5 minutes. Bookclub is looming...yikes! And I gotta get some stuff ready to take to Paper Arts a-thon.....that will be fun. I am making a batch of Joline's now famous Toblerone Fudge for the silent auction.....that should be a grabber at 3am. They had two cool raffle tricks at the DU dinner...Myleta, remember to ask me about them at bookclub b/c they would be fun at PAAT....Heads or Tails and a Card raffle.
OK-Grey's Anatomy this week-boner show. What was with the Ocean Wellness Centre bits??? Stinks of spin off. Even the fact that it was 2 hours didn't help. Troy was next door playing his bass with The Band..he isn't really into GA...tons of eye rolling when he asks what I am up to for the evening and I say, "it's McDreamy night!" (much like the eyeroll he gets when he announces "there's a hockey game on tonight!). Me, my dog, my cat, the fire, glass of wine and Grey's...yummy!
No big plans for the weekend other than Troy's family is coming for dinner Sunday. His birthday is Monday so we are having a BBQ to celebrate. The pic is of his birthday last year. I think the sconces might go up (they finally came in) and I might have to go into work for a bit this AM to get caught up on paperwork. Time for the "big run" today...day three of week 5 asks you to run for 20 MINUTES! If there is no post soon, it is because I am in a ditch along the trail.
There Josee...are you happy??? Kinda nice to be missed, tho :)



2 comments:
Thanks taryn, a post just for little ole me! Nice to hear what is going on in friends lives. So glad your puupy is better. I got the vet bill on our farm statement yesterday for Sarah's cat....$389 and the dang thing still died. Have a great weekend.
Hi Taryn,
I am confused about your job, what is the EKG pool thing? Isn't it great to peak into someone's week? Thanks for sharing your always interesting insightful life!
Post a Comment