Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mystery Night....revealed.

Finally, it was Mystery Night.

I left work in my running stuff and did Day One of Week 7 right after. I never listed to the pod cast before I start it...I like the suprise...but this was a boner week. No ramping up, no run walk...just a 5 minute walk and then a 25 minute run and a 5 minute walk cool down. BORING. But done!

Anyhow, got home to a fire in the hearth...it was also Troy's night to cook (I am LOVING this new arrangement) and he was busy with that...so I got to warm my buns when I got in from the wet, pouring, cold rain.

I actually get to Two Much Fun on time for Mystery Night, have chats with other chix, have a cup of coffee and a chunk of Ria's Mom's Chocolate Cake of Wonder...and nobody has a clue what is going on. Then Ria and Paulette said their thing. They gathered us together, the old faithfuls and friends, to tell us they will be closing the store at the end of June. I thought it was a VERY classy way to do it. Everyone got to pick a treat out of a bag when their personna was guessed from a spoken line and there were cards and paper treats for all at the end. We were all treated to a 25% off shopping party as well.

There were lots of tears (except from this old Stone), but some good wishes as well. And lots of hugs.

Good on ya, Girls...the ride was Two Much Fun and you ended it at the top of the loopy loop! weeeeee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taryn,
Ria & I felt that your compliments last night truly made us feel that we "did it" right... and for that we are so THANKFUL. The not knowing how to do the RIGHT thing is hard.
So many incredible people have walked in to our lives because of Two Much Fun, we are so blessed.

Just Plain Happy said...

Taryn,

I feel awful for not going...if I had only known... but then it wouldn't have been a Mystery...You have painted the scene of Mystery Night in a very good light...and that is how the TWO MUCH FUN memory will remain.

Taryn said...

Mystery Night was good, Myleta-for everyone. The news may have not been something we wanted to hear, but it was a great way to let everyone know. It showed R&P really care and I think it was a good exercise in closure for all. We could have just shown up at the store to see a cruddy sign on the door.