.jpg)
So I didn't get the job. Apparently it was really close and there is something else in the works that I am first in line for because I am "in the pool" as a result of this competition. My luck HR will change thier mind and things will go south, but my supervisor is pretty confidant. I would be doing the same job but for higher pay (oh, well!). The job I had the interview for was for feed, seed and fertilizer specialist and this one that may be available is a feeds specialist so there is the advantage of not having a steep learning curve (since I know jack about seed and fertilizer). I ain't counting any chickens (did that for long enough), so we will see what happens.
Can you believe this cartoon??? I found it on the web, believe it or not. It is a wacky site with some pretty dead-pan humour. I was saving it to use for my blog when the job results were in.
Off to Paper Arts-a-thon today....should be a honkin' good time.
Get a load of this headline in the Chronically Horrid today: "Girl Needs Funds for Hollywood Trip". Apparently, this kid in Truro won a spot on a model/talent search contest that is to be held in (you guessed it) Hollywood. Her mom is soliciting funds to get her there to participate to "change her life". I think someone has confused "need" with "want". The kid is 5. I just found this really sad. First that the mother thought it was a humanitarian issue that her kid get to Hollywood and second that the kid is only 5! She needs to just play!
Anyhooooo...gotta go get ready for this fundraiser.....my crap is all packed up and ready to go, but if I saw anyone right now I would scare them. I do have new glasses, tho. Very French. I love them!



2 comments:
Further to your comment re: 5 year old....100% agreement....unfortunately that is where we are as a society....we just do not get it do we! So neat to see your values shine hrough! Hang in there, my friend....there are lots of surprises for you on your journey...love you, mom
Sorry about the job Taryn. Had a great time cropping beside you. Love the "pomtinies" Thanks
Post a Comment