Friday, June 01, 2007

Dis an' Dat






Ahhhhhhh. This is heaven. A day off. And it is sunny! Been a crazy week.

Last weekend was the Paper Arts a Thon and was it a hoot! We far exceeded any conservative estimates re: amount of funds (raised for Holly and Terry to go to the Joints in Motion marathon in January 2008) and at last count raised a whopping 9600$! We scrapped and gabbed, ate and drank, laughed and hooted, wore questionable fashion accesories, and generally raised the roof for arthritis research. Tons 'o prizes, great make n' takes, generous folks and new friends. Thanks, Dream Team, for all of your hard work! I mean, we all had PERSONALIZED goodie bags! Imagine!

So I finished up my acting assignment yesterday. I enjoyed the job, but am ready for a break. I mean, on the way home from the city the other day I had this wierd need to just hide. It was 4pm, I am done work at 4:30. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a new shower cutain liner (parked at teh Staples because I was driving an agency car). I actually took refuge in Wal-Mart. My very not-favourite store. So not me. So I knew it would not be a bad thing to take some comp leave.

We ( all girls) took Jean out for her birthday Wednesday night at Cocoa Pesto Bistro in Windsor. Such a cool place! Very minimalist in decor, but I think it is so you can really focus on your food. If you need a new martini to try, order a Hemmingway. A few ounces of lip smackin' yumminess: vodka, cranberry, lime and cassis. Had some great appetizers to share and each enjoyed an entre. Mine was pork tenderloin (hope it was local...should have asked) with an apple-onion compote. Had dessert and a healthy serving of Goats do Roam (white). All in all, a lovely evening.

So, here I am on my day off. Jenn arrived from Bermuda safe and sound, pressies in hand. I have a pedi at 1:15 and have to get groceries and get the cooler ready for Blossom. I think we are going to see the band at the pub tonight; maybe take in the fireworks. And tomorrow is Blossom. Glorious Apple Blossom. Sweet. The pics are from last year....enjoy!

5 comments:

Angie said...

It must be Apple Blossom weekend...it's raining!!! Thanks for the fun ARTful weekend!!

Just Plain Happy said...

Taryn,the Townie, you are who I wanna be in my next life! You know the gal who goes for a pedi, packs her cooler for a fun night on the town, takes in a band at a pub. Or perhaps we could switch places now. You could plant flowers in the afternoon, mow your lawn in the pm and if you are really up to entertainment, catch the movie 'The Queen' on your satellite dish!He! He! Glad we are both lovin' our current lifestyles, aren't you?

Anonymous said...

and fun was had by all... Blossom time, a time to finish frantically planting apple trees ( so everyone can enjoy those blossoms in the years ahead )... oh yes, then spray those blossoms so they don't get infected with all the disease that comes twith the fine mist of rain we usually get ( and did you know our growers only spray to kill specific bugs... not all the bugs???)... let's not forget the cursing & swearing that comes with spraying because of equipment break downs or there's too much mist... let see.... the orchards also have to be mowed so everyone driving around to look at the blossoms can see how neat & tidy Joe Blow keeps his /her orchard just for the photo moments... never mind that the lawn where the Farmer lives is 8 " high because he's been so &*#! in the orchard trying to keep up with Mother Nature... Oh yes, & then we must spend some time freaking out because there really are not enough bees in the blossoms for pollination this year.... parade, who has time for a parade? It takes twice as long to get where the poor farmer needs to get to work in his /her orchard because of all the traffic!!!! Oh yes, this is our favourite weekend because after all is said & doen, then we have to get the boat in the water too ... Love my life, really I do!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Taryn,

Well, finally a visit to your blog!

I can see that it's a great spot to keep up with you.

Talk to you soon. Jean

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking Paulette has some issues with the blossoms??? :-)
Spring and summer is so busy on a farm and the rest of the world just takes it all for granted. When your life depends on Mother Nature, you really have no control.
But all is good. Hope you behaved?? (well had fun) Taryn