Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday already?


Here it is...another Monday. The weekend was not long enough. Trying to enjoy it was like trying to eat an ice-cream sandwich...no matter how slow you try, it still melts away and all you are left with is the top and the bottom (which takes a little more effort to make go away...not a real chore, but not as much fun).

Saturday was fun. Evelyne and I went to Greenwood on the auspice of picking up her patio set and I ended up finding a hammock (on sale!) and some lovely flowers at the garden centre at Superstore. She took me out to lunch at Pizza Delight (oh man...don't I love garlic fingers???). Came back home, took the dog for a walk whilst listing to the R3 top 30, took a nap, and then headed out to the Blue's Clues Relay Team fundraiser pub crawl. It was fun to see folks I had not seen in a while and a fun time was had by all. Troy won the first 50-50 draw so that was the evening paid for :) We came home late, but happy and tired.

Sunday was clean the house day. Boring! But I do love the Mr.Clean smell (even if it only lasts for a millisecond...) and there is a small sense of accomlpishment. And then I played in the garden: potted up my flowers and "planted" this year's garden (basil and a tomato plant). Dishes and laundry, then I indulged in my Sunday night guilty pleasure: watching the Trailer Park Boys with a rum and coke (OK-Diet pepsi-whatever).

So what is YOUR gulity pleasure?????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I have so many...hard to choose. My guilty pleasure du jour would have to be online shopping...eek...must stop that bad habit.

Angie said...

My guilty pleasure is waiting for the kids to be in bed and then popping a bag of popcorn and eating it with a handful (or two) of lays reg. chips.
The guilt comes in the form of a big ass. sucky!!!

Just Plain Happy said...

I am 'too old' to have 'guilty' pleasures. I stopped that probably 5 years ago. My pleasures this weekend are: buying guilt free stamps, eating guilt free waffle blizzards, purchasing some (lots!) pretty (no guilt) Elsie Flanagan paper and buttons and... well maybe I should look up the definition of guilt and get a mirror so I can see my 'guilty' a**!