



Here are the last of the Blossom photos that are fit to share (Jenn's blog has the full set....that would be the "Jenn in Bermuda" link). Blossom seems like ages ago, now.
The first one is one of those random ones...Troy and I didn't get to pose together this year.
I love the one of Kim...she had such an awesome time!
Jenn's tank tops says, " Newfie Girls Kick Ass" Troy loves getting his pic taken with Jenn.
And the final one is of us dancing at the Pub that night-great time. Troy took it....so not a flattering pic of Trevor.
The first week back to work had a perk...I signed my EG04 letter of offer so on August 24th I will offically be a "Feed Specialist Inspector". Thank goodness I didn't have to go through another competition to get it. The tough part is that I am now the most "experienced" feed inspector in our whole district...and I feel about as qualified as a doughnut. Oh well-the pay rocks! I'll gain the experience as I go along.
I had the perfect setting to finish "The Secret Life of Bees" the other day. I came home from work, took the dog for a walk in the rain, came back home and settled on the bed with a warm puppy, a blanket, a lamp, and a symphony of rain. Even some thunder. Bliss. LOVED this book....I felt like I was in the Deep South. I could smell the peaches, hear the cicidas and feel the humid moisture on my skin. Very descriptive writing.
The only problem with finishing a good book is that it is over and I have nothing to turn to yet...I am waiting in line to get "A Thousand Splendid Suns" from the library.
Myleta...do you have anything in your library for me?



3 comments:
Hi Taryn...I also loved the secret life of bee's!! Have you read her other book...the mermaid chair?? Another fantastic book! If mom has it, I'll ask her to bring it to bookclub for you! See ya there!
Amy
Finally catching up on blog reading. I feel like I have missed a week of the 'soaps'. I will bring you the Mermaid Chair but have you read 'Lovely Bones'? I could bring it as well.
I loved Lovely Bones!
Post a Comment