Sunday, August 26, 2007

Great Weekend

So hard to believe the weekend is almost over. Sigh. We had a great one :)

Friday night we went to the pub for dinner and stayed for the first set of the Celtic Cowboy. If you have been reading the signs in front of the King's Arms, you would have been privy to the build up of this guy. It was a blast! The dude can't sing, but the chick playing the fiddle was really great and man, didn't they put on a good show! All old-tyme stuff but somehow I knew all the words.

Saturday we went in to the city for Troy to pick up his new computer and popped into a really cool little asian grocery with a really cool old chinese guy who sold us green tea, soya sauce, a dressing, basmati rice and Troy's fave hot sauce. When we went in the smell was...well...interesting. But we got over that-too many neat cranies to snoop in. For lunch we went to a thai restaurant and then it was over to Dartmouth to look at some bathroom crap (we will be renovating soon....who knew there would be so many damn choices to make!). Saturday night we had a visit from Dave and Stephanie and then watched a movie (300-really good-actually a great story!).

Sunday morning was the usual: coffee and Corrie and then Troy cooked breakfast.

Then we went for a ride. On Troy's MOTORCYCLE.

He got this bike 2 weeks ago and drove it for a while (sans moi) as he needed to get a feel for it. Last Sunday we went for a little ride around here. Today we went to MIDDLETON. On the freakin' HIGHWAY.

What a RUSH. Once I got used to it and remembered to BREATHE, I truly enjoyed it. You really get a feel for the road...the smells, the sound of the wind, the holycrapholdonorelse feeling. It rocked.

And so did my weekend :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a way with words...ie "holycrapholdonorelse"...I would probably have just said "freedom"...I love the feeling whatever the label!! Mom

Just Plain Happy said...

Okay, now you are living one of the Stampin' Stud's Dreams. A motorbike!!! When we do, and I am sure WE WILL, it will be wwith THREE wheels, may be a little whoosie but safer for us old' fogies! I am reading a Thousand Splendid Suns!! What can I say, good thing it is one your list! I have read the Memory Keeper's Daughter- a great read, too!