Tuesday, September 04, 2007

There otta be a law...

If I were Queen of the Universe for a day, I would decree, "Henceforth until the end of time, there shall be absolutely no darkness after 6am". Damn, but it is hard to get up when it is still dark. Of course, this used to be the usual state of things for me when I worked in meat hygiene, but now I get up at 6 (as opposed to 4) and I would appreciate a little sunshine to get me going. Now I must rely on caffinated beverages. If I were more physically responsible, I suppose I would wake up with a run. However, I am worried about smacking into a telephone pole because my eyes would be shut. So I choose to look at it as self preservation.

But I digress.

Hard to believe yesterday was Labour Day. Even tho I no longer see the first day of school as the beginning of the year, I still think this season is about "newness". Makes me want to run out and buy new things: clothes, notebooks, schedules. And my mind begins to turn to my Christmas list and how I would rather go south. So many things to look forward to this fall: Quest, Joel Plaskett, Scrapgala, the Dream Team's November event, the crop event for the kid's charity whose name escapes me now, maybe visits from Joline and my mom, birthdays, Thanksgiving, bookclub, card nights, stamp club, building fires, renovating the bathroom. I had a good weekend that put me in the frame of mind to face all this and I really felt the "sigh, it is the end of summer so enjoy it while you can" feeling. Sure-We'll have some nice weather in September and some warm days, but things won't "feel" summery. Folks will be in a different mindset and things won't feel as "free". Structure and schedule are back.

This weekend was good because Troy had an extra day off to relax and there was not much scheduled. Friday we went to the pub for dinner. Saturday I gave la maison a well-deserved cleaning and stocked the pantry. We were both tired so we rented a movie (23-not a bad flick) Saturday night. Sunday I went blueberry picking with my pals Darlene and Alison (so great to do that-I really like spending time with those two...thanks, girls) at Blueberry Acres and Troy went to Digby on the bike to catch some of the Wharf Rat show and shine. Sunday night Beth and Derrin came over for dinner (always fun to have them over). Monday was spent dawldling about the house and Troy got some jammin' in with the Band. And yes, we got out on the bike Sunday night for a bit (loveitloveitloveit).

Time to face the music, I guess....at least I have new soap from Aveda to help wake me up...Rosemary and Mint....costs a mint, but it is Oh, so lovely.

At least it is not Monday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN to all of that...
I love to read your blog!

J.

Just Plain Happy said...

I wish you WERE Queen of the Universe and what a wonderful Universe it would be! If it ever comes to a vote, you can count on mine!

Anonymous said...

Taryn
A full life you live:o)
tell me more about the dream team event ( my memory is soooo bad) and what crop for kids... I ahve been a busy scrapper but it's always fun to play with others .. You have a great day !

Anonymous said...

Well said Taryn, and I know Sarah would agree with you as she had to get up at 6am this morning to catch the big high school bus at 7:07. She was worried the driver might not see here in the dark.