Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Code in My Node

I have a bad code in my node. It began in my voice box, went to my chest and then decided to take up residence in my head as well. I took a sickie yesterday (my home-work is duh-un...) but must go in today...my stomach hurts from the coughing :(

Poor Troy did not get much sleep last night because I was gagging and coughing and hacking up a few lungs beside him and I am afraid he is coming down with it, too. The sucky thing about his work is that he can't take sick days....I pray for rain so he can have a day. He needs it.

Thanksgiving dinner went really well. I stuffed and cooked the turkey Saturday as well as made up the squash casserole and make-ahead mashed potatoes. Carved the bird and layed it all out on a platter. So I all I had to do Sunday was make the gravy! Troy's mom and sister brought the veggies, pie, coleslaw, biscuits and pickles (Heheheh- I put the turkey rack on to simmer Sunday morning so that when they arrived it smelled like turkey). Popped the casseroles in the oven, heated up the veggies and voila! Done like dinner!

We all went to the Noggins Corner Corn Maze before the dinner and it was really fun! Troy had been hired by them to plot out the points (he squirted paint on baby corn plants and then a couple of dudes came behind him and hoed them up) so we were really interested to see how it turned out. Check it out here: http://www.nogginsfarm.ca/cornmaze.php There were TONS of people there...a real variety...from down home country folk to city people with designer sunglasses and fancy shoes. It was a great thing to do. And yes, I took pictures...just not with a digital camera...I am trying to finish up a disposable from the summer. We then came back to make dinner and enjoy the feast. It was a great day, and everyone enjoyed it. The great part was I had Monday to clean up and spend some time with the pooch because Troy was working (well, that wasen't great, but I am making lemonade here).

Back to reality-gotta go get some drugs into me to help me make it thru the day. Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Taryn,
hoping for a speedy recovery for you. See ya next week, I think??

Anonymous said...

Taryn,
I LOVE reading your blog!!!!!!!!
You are so descriptive!!!!!!
Hope that you feel better soon!!!!!!
gayle

Just Plain Happy said...

Hi Taryn,

Get well REALLY soon! You do not want to miss these fine fall days. The turkey venture sounded great and how clever to put make 'scents' with the bird!

Anonymous said...

Hey Taryn,
Try some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies...I hear they are GREAT for a code in the node...